• BSc Chemistry, Biochemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences.
• 3 to 8 years of industry experience in Analytical Chemistry with focus on method development, troubleshooting and bioanalysis of small molecules using Mass Spectrometry.
• Experience in training peers in Analytical techniques, including method and equipment troubleshooting.
MSc Chemistry, Biochemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences.
• 1 to 5 years of industry experience in Analytical Chemistry with focus on method development, troubleshooting and bioanalysis of small molecules using Mass Spectrometry.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing new technologies, ways of working, and/or tools to improve capability and throughput in Mass Spectrometry.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational/time management skills.
• Ability to work independently and effectively interact with Drug Discovery program teams.
The Topical Drug Delivery group within the Center for Skin Biology at Stiefel, a GSK company, is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team of scientists committed to the discovery and development of new drug candidates in Dermatology. The successful candidate will use Mass Spectrometry to quantify small molecules in biological matrices to support in vitro skin penetration studies. Key responsibilities will include the development and troubleshooting of LC-MS/MS and SPE-MS/MS methods, preparation of biological samples, perform in vitro skin penetration assays, and reporting results to program teams. Individuals will be expected to represent Preclinical/Topical Drug Delivery on program teams. Additional responsibilities include training of peers in Analytical techniques and development of in vitro assays.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.