The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist Biochemistry aligned to Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), located in Irvine, CA. Qualifications
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), division of Ethicon, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, truly makes a difference by Protecting Lives against Infection®. ASP has been innovating since 1987 to help healthcare facilities protect patients with best-in-class infection prevention solutions. Learn more about Advanced Sterilization Products at www.aspjj.com/us
In this role, the Senior Scientist will plan and execute research projects for assessment and development of new technologies for cleaning and sterilization of medical instruments.
The Senior Scientist will:
• Prepare and execute protocols/studies to support product development from initial feasibility to final product verification / validation, while applying chemistry and biochemistry and microbiology principles, particularly enzyme and disinfection chemistry, in new product and assay development.
• Ensure quality of projects including design, execution, data summary and interpretation, and report preparation /review adherent to GDP and applicable regulations.
• Prepare and review written information to provide current product support.
• Oversee Biochemistry/Microbiology laboratory equipment validation program.
• Provide guidance and work direction to lower level research scientists.
• Maintain awareness of the advances and needs in enzymatic chemistry, sterilization / disinfection, microbiology and biocompatibility.
• Seek out new ideas and applications through journals, patents, scientific reviews, and technical meetings.
• Advanced degree in Biochemistry, organic chemistry or related discipline is required.
• A minimum of 3 years of research & development experience in related setting is required.
• Experience with aseptic technique is required.
• PhD is preferred.
• Strong knowledge in organic chemistry, surfactants, detergents, disinfectants, sterilants, sterilization technologies, sterility assurance is preferred.
• A strong knowledge in biofilms, disinfectants efficacy test methods is preferred.
• A strong knowledge in formulation development is preferred
• A strong knowledge in statistical analysis such as mixture design, DOE, optimization is preferred.
• A strong working knowledge of QSR, FDA / ISO guidelines is preferred.
• A strong track record of achievements such as patents and scientific publications in related fields is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work within a multifunctional team are required
• Job requires some travel (15%)
• The successful candidate must be self-driven, innovative, have strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, and be capable of working independently or in a teamPrimary Location
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.