GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Fast Trak Senior Scientist position differentiates itself for being part of a global group that supports the global biopharma industry and provides application support in the form of downstream process development, consulting and training to industry professionals and academia. The position is in a highly dynamic group and provides many opportunities for individual career development.
.Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Providing value to GE's customers by identifying continuous improvement opportunities in their bio-manufacturing processes and designing and implementing innovative process enhancement
• Developing expertise in downstream process development and FDA regulations, understanding market trends to support sales department and customers with expert advice
• Conducting independent scientific application work on multiple key projects simultaneously (Monoclonal Antibodies (MAb's), vaccines, recombinant proteins, plasma fractionation, for example)
• Developing analytical techniques using Calliper / GyroLab/ UPLC and other applicable instruments
• Maintaining accurate and complete records of all work, and reporting to customers and management in oral and written manner
• Designing, developing and delivering training courses, theoretical as well as practical, in the field of biomanufacturing
• Working with customers in a strongly collaborative environment
• Developing and maintaining relationships with the regional commercial and marketing teams, as well as the global Fast Trak and R&D organizations
• MS/PhD Degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related Life Sciences field
• 4+ years industrial experience in analytical development, bioprocess development, scale-up and scale-down, tech transfer or manufacturing.
• Must be willing and able to work out of the Marlborough, MA facility
• Ability to travel ~10% of time
• + 8 years of Vaccine, MAb plasma, recombinant protein manufacturing and/or process development experience, particularly in analytical method transfer and development
• Strong experience in development and transfer of techniques for the analytical evaluation of impurities of biologicals in downstream processing
• Deep scientific understanding of principles and theory behind unit operations for downstream processing of biologicals with knowledge in principles of analysis, scale up, validation, disposable, hybrid and traditional set ups and GMP manufacturing
• Small scale column packing experience
• HTPD and DOE experience, including analytical techniques
• Experience with UNICORN™and Assist software would be a plus
• Working knowledge of FDA/EMEA regulations for biologics (Phase I-III and manufacturing)
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, matrixed, and customer focused environment
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationship with co-workers
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated good presentation skills
• Prior teaching and/or presenting scientific material experience would be highly desirable
• Able to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Experience with the following instruments and platforms, at a minimum: AKTA, Tecan, Gyrolab, Caliper, Waters HPLC/UPLC
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Marlborough
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.