About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
This position will be responsible for developing computational methods and workflows to support all aspects of small molecule drug discovery efforts ranging from lead identification to candidate selection. The incumbent will work closely with computational and medicinal chemists as well as project teams across multiple Research Units and will utilize his/her computational chemistry and scientific programming experience to address challenging drug discovery problems. To be successful in this role, the incumbent must have the talent and skills to rapidly prototype and implement effective and powerful computational solutions.
• Leverage the scale of the company proprietary data, design applications, and compute infrastructure in conjunction with commercial tools and data sources to develop powerful computational solutions
• Implement custom workflows to streamline execution of complex compute tasks that empower project teams to take advantage of the state of the art computational techniques in their decision making
• Assess and validate available computational methods relevant to small molecule discovery research; design, develop and maintain datasets that can be readily applied to evaluate performance of available computational approaches (e.g. protein-ligand docking, potency prediction, virtual screening)
• Develop methods to support analysis and visualization of large datasets (e.g. structural and affinity data from proprietary and public sources; data generated by computational methods such as MD simulations)
• Be on top the current computational chemistry literature; proactively identify, assess, and internalize promising methods and tools
• Ph.D. in computational chemistry, computational biology, biophysics, computer science, or related discipline
• 0-2 years' experience in the bio-pharmaceutical industry
• Experience with Unix/Linux and HPC environments; strong programming skills (e.g. Python and C/C++); familiarity with debugging and profiling tools; experience with using scientific, numeric, and chemistry libraries
• Demonstrated track record of algorithms and computational methods development
• Familiarity with computational chemistry concepts and techniques (such as structure-based and ligand-based drug design; protein-ligand docking and scoring; virtual screening; chemoinformatics; QSAR and predictive modeling; structural bioinformatics; homology modeling; molecular dynamics simulations; free energy perturbation methodologies; and application of quantum chemical calculations in the context of drug design)
• Familiarity with standard computational chemistry software (such as OpenEye toolkits and applications; Schrodinger suite; MOE; CCDC; Gaussian; TeraChem; AMBER; and CHARMM)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Sitting, standing, walking, complex data analysis.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.