Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Data Sciences. This position can be located in Titusville, NJ, Raritan, NJ or Spring House, PA. Weekly travel to the NJ/PA sites will be required. Additional travel up to 15% may be required.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
The Senior Scientist, Data Sciences role represents expertise in the organization in the discipline of business analysis with expertise in the supported business area. Roles in this sub-function are accountable of achieving project objectives, ensuring effective integration of new systems and technologies, meeting time and budget requirements, directing all project resources, and helping the business partner(s) realize the desired business goals for the project(s). This job sub-function includes roles that focus full time on business analysis.
The Senior Scientist, Data Sciences will:
- Serve as an expert resource supporting one or more areas such as Epidemiology, HEOR, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, translational medicine and clinical biomarkers.
- Lead as a Business Analyst for moderate to large projects, programs, or initiatives of varying complexity across the franchise or enterprise.
- Manage relationships across IT, legal and finance functional areas; may contribute/perform analyses on health care data sets with business partners.
- Work effectively as part of a team and solve complex or unusual problems in consideration of the potential impact.
- Negotiate the needs of multiple users or business partners; balance between business needs and IT standards and strategies to guide well-informed decisions.
- Apply compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provides documentation as necessary, and participate in compliance activities as required.
Knowledge for this role should include:
- Familiarity with many technologies and processes with a particular focus on their capabilities and limitations; in-depth knowledge of all areas of IT and the resources available to deliver projects or programs.
- Strong understanding of the current and future state technology and applications
- Advanced knowledge of the business processes, data and strategic plans/initiatives of the Janssen Therapeutic Area functions (CVM, Immunology, Infectious Diseases, Neuroscience and Oncology)
- Understanding of the business impact of different solutions, and the ability to assess and communicate the tradeoffs between business needs, technology requirements, costs, and risk.
- Understanding of departmental budgets and the ability to allocate resources accordingly.
- Understanding of the company’s strategic vision and future products, services, and strategies globally; ability to identify and recover any troubled projects or programs.
- Strong expertise in health informatics, including familiarity with health outcomes databases, clinical trial registries; multi-lingual and cultural awareness.
- An advanced degree (Master’s, PhD or MD) with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience OR a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Computer Sciences, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health informatics / health outcomes research and strong business analysis skills are required.
- Strong understanding of health care data standards such as OMOP, Snomed, ICD, LOINC, CDISC etc. is required.
- Strong understanding of and demonstrated expertise in health care data analytic methods / biostatistics is required.
- Experience with SQL or scripting is preferred.
- Knowledge of SDLC is preferred.
- Understanding of Health Outcomes research and trial design is preferred.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-TitusvilleOther Locations
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.