About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
A Senior Scientist (level R4) position is available in the Purification Process Development group, Bioprocess R&D. The successful applicant will have experience in laboratory research, and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. This position will join a larger team of scientists across multiple sites focused on developing and optimizing recovery and purification processes for recombinant proteins and biological macromolecules for early- and late-phase clinical trials. The Senior Scientist will be responsible for working with fellow scientists to develop robust, efficient, scalable strategies for improving process performance.
• Responsibilities will include small-scale studies, and pilot plant and manufacturing downstream purification studies. Based on the analyses of these studies, this position will be expected to develop and test new hypotheses to improve the fundamental understanding of recovery and purification processes.
• This position will support process validation, quality by design, regulatory approaches, and quality systems.
• This position will be expected to prepare internally reviewed technical reports, make oral presentations to scientists and management, and publish externally.
• The Senior Scientist will be responsible for executing operational efficiency improvements and planning and implementing improvements across Bioprocess R&D work processes.
• The successful candidates must be able to endorse change to business infrastructure to ensure pipeline, legacy and technology success.
M.S. or Ph.D. degree in a biological or engineering discipline (Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, or equivalent) required.
• 0-4 years' experience in recombinant protein purification process development, technology transfer and/or bioprocess manufacturing required.
• Demonstrated ability to drive for results and drive innovative research programs independently.
• A good understanding of protein chemistry and protein analytics, including the recent scientific literature, is required. Applicants should be bright, organized, self-motivated, and capable of working independently, and in a collaborative environment.
• The successful candidate will possess strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and computer skills are required.
• Diverse work experience recovering recombinant proteins from mammalian and microbial/yeast cultures.
• Experience transferring biologics processes to pilot plants or manufacturing organizations, and knowledge of data acquisition and controls systems in these environments is desirable.
• Experience taking a late-stage project through process validation and commercialization is desired.
• Sound understanding of statistical experimental design and analysis is a benefit.
• It would be advantageous for the successful candidate to have a strong working knowledge of the drug development process for progression of a biological candidate.
Work will be performed in a typical development laboratory environment and in GLP/GMP manufacturing facilities including the operations areas of pilot plants.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Occasional weekend work and travel to support clinical manufacturing.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.