Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This position is for a Senior Scientist in Merck - Animal Health's Pharmaceutical Sciences organization. This role is a key technical role in Pharmaceutical Sciences, delivering on projects in the pipeline, innovation and technology development, and the execution of strategic objectives within the department.
In this important professional role, the Senior Scientist will support the development of a wide range of new pharmaceutical dosage forms (solids, liquids, semi-solids, injectables, powders, etc.) including the identification of functional excipients and attributes to provide desired drug product performance, and the design and development of clinical formulations and studies that support a robust data registration package. Familiarity with regulatory requirements and quality standards in the US and Europe is important including cGMP, GLP, and VICH guidelines. With direction from management, the Senior Scientist guides their teams' project and collaborates with key partner groups in the successful and efficient execution of project and departmental goals.
The selected candidate may serve on several high-impact and complex, cross-functional teams as well as enabling organizational initiatives. The Senior Scientist will be responsible for sponsoring cultural change to support and realize Pharmaceutical Sciences' vision. The Senior Scientist will be proficient in the formulation development and scale-up of drug products. Proficiency in good scientific writing practices is required to prepare technical reports as well as author sections in support of product registration efforts.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Has a mastery of the scientific/technical concepts and techniques, applies and furthers those concepts and techniques in pursuit of resolving scientific/technical issues.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement of existing and development of new unit operations, and is able to execute on identified improvement activities.
Culture and interactions with others:
- Builds high performance teams in project working groups.
- Demonstrates effective communication.
Science with a Strategic Business Focus:
- Operates effectively in a multi-tasking, cross-functional environment.
- Models good decision making practices.
- Makes one's self fully available to meet a customer's needs or to manage customers with difficult issues/concerns.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- PhD degree in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutics, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related engineering/scientific discipline required
Required Experience and Skills:
- Personal drive for results and a demonstrated history of achievement in pharmaceutical research & development.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail, customer focus, and continuous improvement are also important to this role.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement