About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
We are looking for a highly motivated microbiologist in the field of microbial genomics. The successful applicant should have an understanding of next-generation sequencing technology and be proficient in Next-Gen Sequence analysis. In addition, the applicant should have a strong understanding of microbial physiology and processes.
As part of this team, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing data analysis capabilities and performing laboratory work to support project-specific research. A critical aspect of this position involves working with teams across the organization, and will require effective project coordination and communication skills. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with strong data driven skills and who want to work in a strong collaborative environment and will be expected to manage laboratory and data analysis responsibilities to achieve short- and long-term project goals.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. The individual will conceive, plan and conduct experiments independently, applying advanced scientific knowledge to complete projects.
2. Analyze next-generation sequence data using the latest bioinformatics and statistical techniques, evaluate and interpret results, form conclusions, and determine future experiments.
3. Apply phenotypic and molecular tests to whole genome sequence data such as the functional impact of protein mutations.
4. Contribute to planning and designing research and surveillance studies to support vaccines early research and discovery phases.
5. Accurately and consistently record experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks.
6. Apply advanced technical writing skills to generate high-quality protocols, reports and documents for regulatory and patent submissions.
7. Present findings or comprehensive project status reviews at internal seminars/meetings.
8. Author manuscripts in peer-reviewed scientific journals and contribute to scientific research papers and reviews.
• Advanced scientific degree (PhD) in Microbiology, Molecular biology or Genomics with minimum of two years of relevant post-graduate experience and demonstrated data analysis and strong writing skills.
• Deep microbiological aptitude and experience in techniques such as isolation, cultivation, various PCR techniques, sequencing and epidemiological typing methods.
• Expertise with next-generation sequencing data analysis including genome assembly, annotation, and comparative genomics, and strong computer skills.
• Highly motivated with strong problem solving skills, capable of working both independently and in multifunctional team settings.
• Ability to effectively manage, organize and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
There are no special physical requirements for this role. Mental requirements are a detailed understanding of the scientific subject matter, an ability to make scientific judgments and an ability to perform complex data analysis.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Periodic travel, adherence to all safe work practices
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.