Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Scientist to join our Palo Alto site to support Merck's antibody discovery programs. Primary responsibilities of this position include antibody affinity determination and characterization of various protein-ligand interactions to support discovery, QC and engineering. The selected individual will have the opportunity to work with a wide array of scientists from different departments and functional areas, using latest technologies as well as novel approaches, and make significant contributions towards Merck's antibody discovery efforts.
Candidate is expected to be able to analyze, interpret and present data at group and departmental meetings, as well as write internal and external documents on technical and scientific findings.Qualifications:
- BS/BA with at least 8 years, MS/MA with at least 6 years or PhD with 3 postdoctoral years of relevant experience in characterization and analysis of proteins interactions.
- Must have at least 3 years of hands on experience using SPR instruments such BIAcore or ProteOn. Additional experience using KinExA, MSD, Octet or similar other platforms is helpful.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience working with proteins or antibodies in the context of drug discovery or protein engineering.
- Presenting in scientific meetings to communicate results and address questions.
- Demonstrated collaborative experience working across organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to tackle multiple projects and meet aggressive timelines.
- Experience working with high-throughput methods and automation.
- Experience working with cell-based binding assays.
- Experience working with membrane proteins.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement