If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions - join us. MedImmune
is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Scientist II or Senior Scientist in Mountain View, CA,
you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. And we're excited to share that our work at the Mountain View site (along with some other AstraZeneca Group Companies in the Bay Area) will relocate to South San Francisco by early 2018. Click here for more information on this new facility.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent. Position Summary:
The Clinical Pharmacology & DMPK (CPD) Department is seeking a highly motivated individual with established experience in biomarker development to join the bioanalytical group as a Scientist II or Senior Scientist. The scientist functions as bioanalytical leader to support biomarker development for biotherapeutic products at various stages of research and development. The responsibilities include design of bioanalytical strategy, identification of relevant biomarkers and development of cell-based, cell-mediated immunology, biochemical, and immunochemical assays in support of clinical and non-clinical studies. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as bioanalytical lead at cross-functional teams for programs at various stages of development
- Designs the bioanalytical strategy in support of nonclinical and clinical studies
- Scientific evaluation and hands-on laboratory research in biomarker identification
- Leads development of immunoassays and activity assays for biomarker evaluation
- Coordinate methods transfer to external collaborators and Contract Research Organizations and monitor assay performance at CROs
- Conduct bioanalysis for nonclinical and clinical studies
- Data interpretation and reporting in support of nonclinical and clinical studies
- Contributes to regulatory submissions
- Good knowledge and established experience in drug development and biomarker identification
- Experience with regulatory interactions is highly desirable
- Track record of successful implementation of cell-based assays (e.g. pathogen detection, immune profiling, virus characterization, proliferation, ADCC, ELISPOT, flow cytometry, tetramer, ELISA, MesoScale Discovery, Luminex) in support of epidemiologic studies and biomarker discovery using nonclinical or clinical samples.
- Strong expertise in cell-based, immunoassay development and validation
- Experience with working in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability for scientific insight and conceptual thinking
- High level of expertise in biomarker identification
- Experience with assay development and validation of immunochemical and bioassays.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with GLP regulations is a plus
- Multiple concurrent projects / tasks are expected and the ability to prioritize projects and time to meet project timelines are essential
- Effective in working with cross-functional teams
- Position requires working independently and on teams with minimal supervision
Next Steps - Apply today!
- For Scientist II, PhD with a minimum of 3-7 years industry experience in drug development and biomarker identification
- For Sr Scientist, PhD with a minimum of 7-10 years industry experience in drug development and biomarker identification. Project team leadership experience is a plus
- PhD in immunology, virology, tumor biology or a related field in the biological sciences is required
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law . AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.