Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck is currently seeking exceptional chemists for positions within the Process Research and Development Department located at our Boston, MA site. A successful candidate will be joining a group of innovative scientists with broad deliverables ranging from design of routes to active pharmaceutical ingredients to application of cutting edge synthetic chemistry tools to address synthetic bottlenecks in Medicinal Chemistry. A Ph.D. in chemistry with experience in methodology/catalysis, total synthesis, physical organic chemistry, or flow chemistry is required, along with a proven track record of solving complex problems. Candidates must possess strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to excel in a team environment. Qualifications:
- PhD in chemistry with no more than 6 years experience or graduating with a PhD in 2016-17
- PhD with no more than 6 years experience or will be graduating with PhD in 2016-17
- • Must have conducted outstanding research in his/her field of expertise that may be shared during the interview process.
- • Function well within multidisciplinary teams and possess outstanding communication skills.
- • Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- • Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Additional experience within an academic laboratory (post-doctoral fellowship) or the pharmaceutical/biotech industry is a plus.
- A strong record of achievement of peer-reviewed publications and research presentations is a plus.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement