Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Senior scientists in Quantitative Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics (QP2) apply quantitative approaches to develop and implement translational PK/PD strategies, characterize clinical pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of new chemical entities, and inform dose selection and go/no-go decisions. Senior Scientists work in collaboration with more experienced scientists, and are expected to develop expertise in one or more scientific areas necessary to performing primary responsibilities including:
- Being or supporting the lead representative for QP2 on drug/vaccine development teams
- Framing critical drug development questions for optimizing model-based development
- Developing and executing translational PK/PD approaches, population pharmacokinetic models, exposure-response and stratification biomarker models, QSP and disease progression models, clinical trial design via outcome/enrollment modeling and simulation, comparator modeling, absorption/biopharmaceutical modeling, clinical utility index modeling, and other model-based analyses.
Senior Scientists are expected to develop a comprehensive understanding of global regulatory expectations for small molecules, biologics, and/or vaccines, including support for regulatory documents (INDs, CSRs, CTDs), and agency interactions. The Senior Scientist is a talented modeler and quantitative drug developer with a strong, integrated understanding of the strategic elements of drug discovery and development, and leads the combined efforts of QP2 & the wider Department of Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Drug Metabolism (PPDM). In addition, Senior Scientists demonstrate leadership, communication, and collaboration with QP2 leadership and key functional areas to create an aligned, quantitative framework decisions of drug development teams. Qualifications:
- Ph.D. or an MS with a minimum 4 years of experience in a similar role in pharmaceutical drug development or academia and with a record of increasing responsibility and independence.
- Educational background in biopharmaceutics, pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacometrics, mathematics, statistics/biostatistics , computational biology/chemistry, chemical/biomedical engineering, or a related field.
- The above education/experience are required.
- Proficiency in quantitative analyses, modeling and simulation, and data exploration.
- Experience in noncompartmental analyses and in modeling and simulation of PK, population PK, and PK/PD.
- Familiarity with nonlinear mixed-effect modeling and the use of standard pharmacometric software (e.g. NONMEM, R, Matlab, etc.).
- Solid proficiencies in written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, problem scoping and planning, and the ability to participate in interdisciplinary teams.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement