Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist/Senior Engineer, Global Enabling Systems Development Group - Device Development in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Senior Scientist/Staff Engineer, Global Enabling Systems Development Group - Device Development will:
- Provide leadership for Global Programs and Device Projects with a high level of complexity across all Consumer Franchises.
- Lead global medical device development projects and coordinate team discussion and resolution for progressing complex innovative device development initiatives.
- Strong experience in device development and design control compliance as per 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485 and ISO 14971 requirements.
- Experience in Human Factors Engineering (HFE) as part of device development and considering requirements as part of IEC 62366 testing.
- Experience with electrical device development and clear understanding of the required safety requirements as it relates to IEC 60601 and IEC 62471 testing.
- Identify and effectively communicates “Trigger Events” (any unanticipated project events that impact the business case and/or timing) to senior leaders. This includes timely communication to appropriate organizational levels of the event along with the recommended path forward and any applicable alternatives.
- Pro-actively provide “Alternatives Analysis” for acceleration opportunities and/or opportunities to improve business proposition.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required.
- MS and/or PhD preferred.
- A minimum of 4 total years of experience in the pharmaceutical, consumer products, or related industry is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in leading cross-functional teams is preferred.
- Experience across multiple need states is preferred.
- Experience with global design control and risk management compliance as part of the product development process is required.
- Cross-functional experience across at least 2 of the following: R&D or Engineering, Supply Chain, Marketing or Finance is preferred.
- Experience launching new products in a GMP and regulated environment (Medical Device and Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical or Consumer Product) is preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and executive communication skills, required.
- Driven leader with a global mindset, a demonstrated history of managing complexity and a solid understanding of the New Product Development Process, strong business acumen, leadership, influencing, and change management skills preferred.
- This candidate will also have a track record of engaging cross-functional team members to proactively identify risk and develop creative solutions to overcome project hurdles preferred.
- Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools, Training and/or Certification preferred.
- This candidate may be required to travel up to 15% of the time, domestically and internationally and will be located in Skillman, NJ.
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function