Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Senior Scientist, Statistical Programming will lead the statistical programming activities for multiple and/or large/complex late stage drug and/or vaccine clinical development projects.
- Develop and execute statistical analysis and report deliverables (e.g. safety and efficacy analysis datasets, tables, listings, and figures), the span of which range from individual clinical trials to world-wide regulatory application submissions and post marketing support.
- Design and maintain statistical datasets that supports multiple stakeholder groups which include clinical development, outcome research and safety evaluation.
- Act as a key collaborator with applying statistics and other project stakeholders in ensuring project plans are executed efficiently with timely and high quality deliverables and serve as the statistical programming point of contact and provide knowledge throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Assure deliverable quality and process compliance and deliverable development utilizing global and TA standards that optimize analysis and reporting and promote a strategic knowledge-based data model.
- Maintain and manage a project plan including resource forecasting.
- Coordinate global programming team that includes outsource provider staff.
- Serve as a member on departmental strategic initiative project teams such as new statistical computing platform evaluation and development.
- Required: Master's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Bioengineering or Applied Mathematics
- Minimum of (2) years experience in Statistical Programming in a clinical trial environment.
- Applicant must have experience in SAS background/tools such as: SAS/Base, SAS/STAT, SAS/SQL, SAS/MACROS, SAS/ODS, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/ACCESS.
- Thorough knowledge of SDTM/ADAM data models and CDISC standard, programming techniques (SAS)
- Analytical ability, and sound professional judgment is required.
- Applicant must possess understanding of statistical terminology and concepts resulting in effective interaction with statisticians and have the ability to comprehend statistical journals and SAS manuals which describe statistical methodology to be programmed.
- Must have ability to work 40 hours per week 9:00a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement