Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist in the Support to Marketed Products (SMP) group, located in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Scientist SMP is responsible for a broad range of marketed consumer products such as Skin Care, Beauty Care, Baby Care, Oral Care, and Topical Health Care from a formulation and manufacturability standpoint. The scope of work for this role includes reformulation and technical support for products in market.
- Requires a strong knowledge of formulated product development, focusing on personal care cleansers and washes
- Provides hands on formulation development/reformulation of cosmetic and OTC monograph drug products
- Executes end-to-end technical project assignment, from prototype to scale up and commercialization
- Works independently to troubleshoot product issues and drives technical resolutions under compressed timelines
- Implements processes and procedures to continuously improve execution of reformulation activities
- Collaborates cross-functionally with Operations, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Research and Development (R&D) to identify improvement opportunities and resolve issues with marketed products and processes; at times, may lead cross-functional teams to implement project
- Responsible for following all internal policies and procedures
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 5 years of consumer industry work experience OR a Master’s with 4+ years of consumer industry experience OR a PhD and consumer industry experience is required
- Experience in the personal care product industry working with formulation development is required; experience with cleansing products/surfactants is preferred
- A degree in chemical/biochemical engineering or chemistry is preferred
- Previous experience in troubleshooting product issues is highly desired
- Strong written and oral presentation skills are required
- This position is located in Skillman, NJ and may require up to 20% travel in North America
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
R&D Engineering (R&D)