- Validates genes as potential drug targets by manipulating the expression of the target in vitro and in vivo
- Contributes to the identification of new drug targets by bioinformatic analysis of gene expression data
- Provides broad understanding of GI physiology to assess novel drug target mechanisms and pathways.
- Delivers quantitative results with speed and accuracy to support departmental objectives
Qualifications EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Plans, implements, and manages internal and external pre-clinical activities and interactions to deliver key experimental studies to support drug candidates in discovery research
- Plans, oversees, and executes experiments characterizing target expression and cellular function in vitro and in vivo using a wide variety of cell and molecular biology techniques and disease models.
- Responsible for target identification via analysis of complex expression datasets.
- Manages projects as part of multidisciplinary teams both locally and globally.
- Identifies and applies novel technology and expertise to enhance drug discovery research programs.
- Manages relationships and projects with contract research organizations.
- Interprets data clearly and concisely in documents and present results in an organized manner.
- Communicates with project team and colleagues effectively and work well with others to meet experimental goals.
- Contributes to the development of new disease models, explore disease mechanisms and mechanism of drug action in vitro and ex vivo and provide proof of concept for novel therapeutic targets
- Delivers models and studies to facilitate selection of disease settings, discovery and validation of biomarkers.
- Responds quickly to information learned from ongoing studies and provide input to target validation studies and drug discovery to guide program direction and prioritization.
- Key responsibilities include target validation, compound differentiation, assay development and execution, pharmacodynamic and biomarker identification. He/She will closely collaborate/interact with other scientists from Leads Discovery Biology, Medicinal Chemistry, Structural Biology and Analytical Chemistry.
- Exemplifies the highest scientific rigor and standards.
- Leads the area of novel target validation, providing clear data that guide decisions as to what projects are of highest scientific merit.
- Proposes, designs, and executes in vivo and in vitro studies to support Takeda programs.
- Coordinates research and experiments both internally and in collaboration with external partners
- Represents the Department at project team meetings and scientific meetings
- Provides analysis and interpretation of data; write study reports and present data effectively in all settings and with participants of all levels of the organization.
- Keeps up to date with appropriate literature and scientific developments and use knowledge to propose new programs or support current programs
- Ph.D. in Molecular or Cell Biology or a related field with at least 4 years of relevant experience
- MS/MA in Molecular or Cell Biology or a related field with at least 14 years relevant laboratory research experience OR,
- BS/BA in Molecular or Cell Biology or a related field with at least 16 years relevant laboratory research experience
- Demonstrated experience in preclinical GI drug discovery
- Knowledge and expertise in gastrointestinal diseases
- Technical expertise in methods assessing GI and enteric nervous system function, both in vitro and ex vivo
- Experience with preclinical animal models of GI diseases
- Ability to plan and execute experiments, critically evaluate and interpret data, and troubleshoot
- Experience in target identification and validation for drug discovery
- Experience with expression analysis techniques such as qPCR, immunofluorescence/immunhistochemistry
- Knowledge and experience with tissue processing and imaging techniques such as confocal microscopy
- Experience in analyzing gene expression data
- Experience with animal handling, drug administration, knowledge of mouse anatomy and tissue dissection
- Familiar with microarray and RNA sequencing technologies
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented, dynamic and changing environment
- Skilled in statistical analysis and graphing programs
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with colleagues of differing backgrounds and experience levels
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs
- Able to work in a lab environment
- Exposure to hazardous and toxic chemicals
- Potential exposure to rodent allergens
we are driven to improve people's lives www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. *LI-EE1-USA Schedule
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered, supported and inspired to use their unique talents toward our mission to serve patients.