Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Technical Operations Solids to be based in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Senior Scientist, Technical Operations Solids will:
- Be responsible for technical support, including formulation and process development activities, characterization, confirmation, process performance qualification, and continued process verification associated with Technology Transfer projects, and on-going process optimization for commercialized products.
- Troubleshoot and solve a variety of technical issues.
- Design, manage and execute project tasks per established timelines. Be accountable for achievement of project milestones.
- Write or approve SOP’s based on area of experience and training. Provide technical advice on SOPs, polices, and procedures.
- Design, document and execute or manage the execution of experimental plans (including sample collection, in process testing, etc.).
- Analyze data and develop recommendations based on sound scientific rationale, and summarize conclusions in technical reports or memos. Also may review and approve memos and technical reports from 3rd party providers.
- Manage change control deliverables/documentation, investigations, CAPAs, and APR data collection, analysis and review/approval.
- Review Commissioning and Qualification documentation such as plans, protocols and reports as required.
- Prepare and lead reviews of scientific data for assigned projects at governance.
- May provide direction and mentorship to Co-ops and entry level scientists.
- Maintain training proficiency on cGMPS, SOP’s, testing procedures, and data analysis as required.
- Partner with cross-functional peer group and management.
- Work under general supervision.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Participates as a technical team member or technical representative on cross functional teams.
- Effectively influence people, multiple projects and tasks of various complexities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmacy or related technical discipline plus 4+ years of pharmaceutical manufacturing related experience, OR a Master’s degree in similar field of study plus 3+ years of pharmaceutical manufacturing related experience OR a PhD in similar field of study plus 2+ years of pharmaceutical manufacturing related experience is required.
- Experience in process validation and process/product technology transfer is required.
- Knowledge of cGMPs, ICH, CFR is required.
- Knowledge in technical transfer, product development and process validations are preferred.
- Proficiency in word processing programs (e.g. WORD), spreadsheet applications (e.g. EXCEL), and data based documentation systems (e.g. CONNECT, EDM, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge in statistical analysis with familiarity in statistical software (e.g. Minitab, etc.) is preferred.
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- This position is based in Fort Washington, PA and may require up to 25% travel based on business needs.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort WashingtonOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Process EngineeringRequisition ID