• Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or closely related science with minimum of 2-4 years relevant experience, or MS degree.
• Demonstrated ability to work in GMP compliant environment
• Analytical experience developing small molecules in a GMP drug development organization preferred
• Experience in key analytical aspects of product development - LC method development, method validation, batch release and stability testing, authoring methods, specifications, sections of regulatory submissions, data trending, OOS/Atypical investigations
• Demonstrated expertise with HPLC, UV, analytical balances, volumetric dilution, pH, and general analytical techniques
• Command of typical software systems including Empower (or similar chromatographic software), Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary team
• Demonstrated flexibility in working roles and circumstances
• Experienced with chemical and physical characterization of topical products.
• Experience with Quality by Design approach to product development
• Proficiency with computer software (learning new software quickly)
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing new technologies, ways of working, tools, to improve capability and throughput
• Experience in overseeing outsourced analytical testing - Authoring contracts, method transfers, data review and trending and designing work packages to achieve CMC team objectives.
The Dermatology Therapy Area Unit within GSK is a leading research based team focused on delivering topical formulations of NCE's to patients. We work in a highly integrated and collaborative environment where sharing ideas and data is a daily experience to ensure rapid learning and progression of our burgeoning topical portfolio.
This opportunity is for a seasoned analytical scientist to contribute to progressing existing projects through clinical stages, technical transfer, and launch, and to implement new ways of working and new capabilities in dermal product characterization.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.