What you’ll be doing...
The SDN/NFV Orchestration & Assurance Development team is a part of the Corporate Network & Technology organization. This organization is principally concerned with the strategic technology evolution across Verizon wireless and wireline with specific focus on orchestration, service assurance and life cycle management of virtualized network functions.
As a Senior SDN Engineer, you will develop solutions to enable the redesign of day-to-day wireline & wireless network operations functions required to support the SDN/NFV adoption, while incorporating newly defined DevOps functions, an end to end service assurance framework and automation principles to work towards a zero touch operating environment.
Additional responsibilities will also include:
- Design, develop and deploy solutions that enable automated onboarding and service assurance forVNFs
- Create orchestration design and onboard the VNFs using the solutions and tools
- Analyze and develop new operational procedures leveraging all of the benefits of an SDN-enabled environment.
- Develop and manage documentation covering all operational changes and transition plans envisioned for all targeted SDN-enabled platforms.
- Engage both the internal and external program management teams to develop network strategy and robust plans for component and application level transition to an SDN operations model.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Solid understanding of Datacenter virtualization technologies (servers, networks and software stacks), monitoring tools and processes.
- Knowledge of the 4G Evolved Packet System architecture.
- Knowledge of the standards (3GPP, 3GPP2, IETF, GSMA, etc.) specifications.
- Understanding of SDN architecture and technology.
- Knowledge of wireline networks and services – Private and Public IP network services, Switched Ethernet Services, Managed network services using Viptella, Versa.
- Linux/Unix scripting especially for TCP/IP stack, Firewalls (iptables), DNS, VPNs etc.
- API (REST) & software development experience (e.g. Java, Python, C/C++, Ruby, Go, etc.).
- Experience with deployment or use of configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins.
- Ability to learn new networking skills and technologies with minimal assistance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills.
- Open Source tools development, implementation, and collaboration experience.
- Cloud computing experience.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.