Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Workday is looking for a self-driven Security Data Science Engineer that will be responsible for employing data science and machine learning techniques to curate, refine, and mature our threat intelligence data capabilities. Workday faces constant cyber threats from a variety of types of attacks and having a comprehensive threat intelligence program greatly assists Workday in effectively detecting, mitigating, preventing, and even predicting possible threats to the company and its customers. The role will be pivotal in improving signal-to-noise ratio in our threat intelligence as well as key component in innovating the next generation of threat intelligence framework at Workday.
The individual we are looking for must be able to work independently, be creative, but also feel comfortable being a member of a team and contributing their part to the overall success. They must be a self-starter, with confidence in occasionally making decisions based on partial facts while knowing when and how to inspire other teams and individuals to assist as needed. The applicant must also have a strong sense of integrity and responsibility, driving their areas of responsibility to successful conclusions. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a data science role in a security or risk-based organization though not required.
- Use data science to continuously improve Workday's threat detection capabilities
- Create, test, and deploy machine learning projects to automate and scale Workday's threat intelligence program
- Perform data mining using state-of-the-art methods applied unstructured datasets
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques based on input from domain experts across the company to identify anomalous behavior
- Taking a strong role in growing data science capabilities within the threat intelligence and security organizations
- Identify new and existing products, technologies, and/or architectures to solve design, development, and operational problems
- Swiftly create prototypes and functional prototypes
- Work as part of a fast-paced team, being equally comfortable either contributing to a larger effort as well as delivering a result on their own
- Think outside the box, innovate to requirements
- 8 + years of related work experience with a Bachelor's degree/Masters or Ph.D. in computer science, information science, computer engineering, mathematics, or related field
- Applied research experience using machine learning/artificial intelligence techniques to accomplish various types of detection/classification and prediction.
- Proficiency in Python required, R a plus
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, MatLab
- Proven track record and experience in advanced analytics, model building, statistical modeling, optimization, and machine learning algorithms including supervised and unsupervised learning, boosting and ensemble methods
- Strong scripting and programming experience to apply to third-party API integration
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, Kibana
- Capable of cognitive modeling - Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic, etc.
- Knowledge of data modeling standards
- The ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- A background in building security-based projects, particularly around threat intelligence, anomalous behavior detection, or similar is a plus
- A love for finding meaning in multiple imperfect, mixed, varied, and inconsistent data sets
- A passion for machine learning, creative data analysis, and innovation
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.