What you’ll be doing...
In an effort to customize and drive greater value out of the Managed Security Services and Vulnerability Management Services, Verizon clients have the ability to add additional Support via a Client Security Engineer (CSE). The Client Security Engineer (CSE) is an integral part of the managed security solution. Our CSE partner with the customer’s network and security architects to create security designs based on best practices and customized to meet the customer security policies. They will ensure that new designs support appropriate capacity levels and then provide ongoing capacity management though-out the design life cycle. The CSE is tasked with lifecycle ownership of the environment and works closely with Security Operations Center and back office MSS teams to provide 3rd and/or 4th level operational support, problem resolution, and identify production pain points. As part of the solution, CSE can be engaged to provide proactive project proposals based on capacity monitoring and operational pain points. All security designs are created to support SLA and are therefore optimized to support business continuity. Where possible, we will also look for opportunities to consolidate infrastructure to reduced cost and/or dedicated lanes built for high priority applications. Our CSE have extensive experience with complex designs including those associated with the wide variety of vendor platforms supported by MSS today.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Security Architecture – creating technically sound security designs that are compliant with the customer’s security policies, and manageable from the 24x7 SOC. Also responsible for maintaining standards, CPE, and version control for custom MSS engagements.
Projects - requirements mapping, consulting, project response, level of effort determination, equipment specification, and implementation recommendations and guidance. Proactively generate proposals for recommended, corrective, courses of action based on problem management or RCA reports.
Operations Support - 3rd or 4th level Operations Support
As a Security Engineer You Will:
- Help overcome technical challenges as you help move the network forward with new technology, features and functionality, which includes conducting product and technology evaluations
- Minimize the risk of negative effects resulting from poorly planned network changes
- Act in an advisory capacity as the network evolves and grows, to:
- Determine the appropriate hardware and software features and functionality required for a change or enhancement.
- Verify that the new hardware and software levels are interoperable with the existing legacy network. and
- Carry the customer forward with new technology while attempting to protect the customer’s investment in the process
- Give technical advice and guidance on network cutovers and implementation plans while understanding how these changes/modifications can affect the customer’s business
- Provide guidance, technical, and troubleshooting support on Tier 4 escalations. This benefit is particularly relevant in environments that Verizon has built and/or provided a refresh
- Maintain quality assurance through adherence to established process, procedures, baselines, and CPE standards
- Act as the technical liaison between the customer and Verizon for problem resolution assistance with regards to critical network and Change issues
- Define action plans that are easy to implement, effective at reducing risk, and as much as possible will take advantage of existing people, processes, and technologies
- With the Security Services Advisor (SSA or SSA+), participate in status calls to discuss risk intelligence, incidents, vulnerability details, change request, implementation state, compliance state, and/or risk state
- Be involved in MTO, Merger, and Separation duties, supporting Management Take Over (MTO) for custom MSS client contracts
- Be involved in due diligence and documentation associated with complex Association and Application flow determination, which forms the foundation for managed changes and incident management in highly visible perimeter environments
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Hands on implementation, configuration, and support of firewall experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- 5+ years of hands on implementation, configuration, and support of firewall.
- Experienced across multiple vendor security devices & technologies, including Routers, switches, Firewalls & IDS/IPS, and NAC devices (i.e. Juniper, Cisco, Checkpoint, etc.).
- Experience successfully leading a number of significant merger and acquisition efforts related to security architecture.
- Vendor certifications – such as CCNA, CCNP & CCSP.
- Security certifications from SANS, or ISC(2) such as CISSP, or CompTIA Security +.
- Previous experience in a NOC/SOC and/or as a project or lifecycle engineer, providing complex technical support.
- Ability to travel and work flexible schedule as necessary.
- Project management and time management experience.
- Excellent communication skills – listening as well as oral and written communication with technician to Executive level.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including MS excel, Project, and Visio.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.