Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Are you someone who enjoys complex challenges and thrives in evolving environments. If so, the Workday Security Engineering team is looking for you.
Come join us as seasoned Senior Security Engineer, with deep technical knowledge of systems engineering/administration, specifically in emerging cloud technologies, to grow and assist the organization with cloud deployments. This roles charter is to develop, build, and secure cloud information systems and will focus on identifying risks, implementing technology solutions, and securing Workday cloud systems.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of professional security engineering or systems engineering/administration
- Ideal candidate will have strong understanding of industry trends in all areas of cybersecurity and be an accomplished security practitioner
- Experience with plans, designs, and evaluations of security systems and architectures
- Experience working in 24 x 7 centers with complex, high transaction, high availability environments
- Ability to translate high-level security requirements and willingness to bring creative ideas to early stage development process
- Previous OpenStack/NSX experience strongly preferred
Your arsenal should include expert knowledge of:
- System Administration (*nix wizard)
- Programming languages (Python, Ruby, Java, Scala).
- Web frameworks (Django/Rails)
- Continuous integration/automation tools - Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Git, Gerrit
- Open source hypervisor technologies (Xen, KVM)
- Distributed storage technologies (vSAN, GlusterFS, Ceph)
- Messaging solutions (e.g., ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ)
- Mentoring and coaching junior engineers
Set yourself apart with these qualifications:
- Cloud Security Expert
- Active in the security community
- Sense of humor and positive attitude required, no exceptions!
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.