Job Description: The sensor technologist job is a senior role at Intel with broad impact and influence. This position has the ability to deliver significant strategic value to Intel through enabling the best possible sensing solutions across several unique business segments. Explores and benchmarks emerging sensor technology in the industry. Contributes in future technology definition and requirements. Defines the technical requirements for supplier selection. Develops strategy to resolve wide range of difficult and complex problems. Supports sensor device development engineering with respect to testing methods, procedures, device specification, component selection and supplier management. Researchs, evaluates, and enables next generation sensors, algorithms and fusion technologies for Internet of Things, Wearable, and PC applications. Influences architecture definition for product differentiation, cost reduction and/or performance improvements and aligns supplier to Intel long term roadmap. Explores and benchmarks emerging technology in the industry. Contributes in future technology definition and requirements. Defines the technical requirements for supplier selection. Requires experience and thorough knowledge in business practices and procedures.
1.PhD or Master's degree in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Bio-Medical Engineering or other related degrees.
2.PhD w/7 year's experience or Master's w/10 year's experience with relevant industry experience linked to level of education in the following areas of focus: nano-technology, motion sensors, environmental sensors, health-bio sensors, fingerprint sensors, algorithm development, MEMs manufacturing and/or other sensor applications/design within mobile or wearable platforms.
1. Solid understanding of consumer electronic device architecture, along with sensor component application and technology implementation into PC/mobile/wearable products
2. Development of intellectual property
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills
4. Strategic thinking
5. Sensor fusion or algorithm experience relevant to mobile/wearable systems
6. Experience integrating sensors into consumer electronics devices, including firmware and software integration
7. Industry knowledge about suppliers, cost, quality, yield, technologies, regulations/certifications and sustainability
8. Self-starter and continuous enhancement by challenging the status quo, driving new ideas and raising the bar
9. Collaborative/Team work style
10. Effective communication with senior executives
11. Ability to influence without direct authority or control
12 Experience managing 3rd party suppliers or working directly for industry leading sensor company
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.