“Cybersecurity is like going to the gym, you can’t get better by watching others, you’ve got to go there every day.” ~Satya Nadella, CEO, Microsoft
At Microsoft we believe in the strength of our operational security posture to protect our customer data, supply chain, devices and our intellectual property. If that sounds like an important job to you – you’re right – and that’s why we need your help!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Engineer who is passionate about security, reliability and design. We are looking for a Service Engineer who is ready to be a part of a team that moves fast, leverages continuous delivery practices, and is centered at the customer experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a team environment, experience running and designing enterprise data models focused on baseline and trend analysis, agile development practices, and experience in designing & tuning telemetry. In addition, this position requires an individual who can demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs through partnership with other members of the service team.
- Architect and deploy infrastructure (such as ArcSight ESM, Loggers, Connectors)
- Manage day-to-day administration and assist in service operations
- Build and manage security monitoring detections
- Design end-to-end service telemetry, alerting and self-healing capabilities on point solutions
- Analyze real-time and trending service behavior through telemetry
- Outstanding problem solving skills and passion to solve hard problems as part of a team
- 3+ years hands-on experience with a commercial SIEM (ie. ArcSight)
- Should have strong knowledge of architecting, deploying and administering a commercial SIEM
- Experience in automation, specifically related to deployment, recovery, or other manual processes.
- Systems scripting skills, like Python and PowerShell
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences – or equivalent work experience.
PREFERRED, NOT REQUIRED:
- User and Entity Behavior Analytic (UEBA) AND/OR Machine Learning experience
- Specialized knowledge of security software & network/network security components
- At least one industry relevant information security certificate (GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, OSCP)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.