Are you the type of person who can engineer a service and be accountable to run it and make it better? Can you be a technical leader within a service engineering team which is driving adoption of cutting edge Data Protection technology? If your answer is Yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you.
Data Protection Services is part of the larger Azure Storage group responsible for providing data protection to various engineering groups like OneDrive, CRMonline, Universal Store and close to 120+ properties across the Microsoft Enterprise. This team is also responsible for managing and building the tiered storage infrastructure with in Azure blob storage.
We are looking for a Senior Service Engineer to be part of this group and help engineer, build, & run the next generation of Data Protection services on cloud and on premise. We are seeking driven individuals with strong technical, organizational, and communication skills who have a passion for customer service and fast issue resolution. The candidate must be self-motivated and promote a positive team environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• As a Senior Service Engineer, you would be responsible for keeping the production environment and infrastructure up and running.
• Design, engineer, test, deploy, and operate enterprise level data protection solutions on disk, tape, and cloud.
• Deploy and maintain enterprise tape libraries across the DC’s , develop implementation guides, As-builts, cabling maps and SOPs/TS’s.
• Implement and operate Windows Services with strong focus on automation and problem engineering.
• Be available for an on-call rotation with the ability to troubleshoot and communicate outside of normal business hours.
• As a strong Engineering leader respond to and resolve emergent issues, act as a crisis manager and subsequently follow through to prevent problem recurrence using a ITIL based Problem Management approaches.
• Develop automation for recurrent issues, for scalability and to drive efficiencies.
• Create standards and best practices, and drive adoption across the service team.
• Ensure service meets customers’ compliance standards and KPIs, such as quality, cost, and SLA expectations.
• Collaborate with Engineering and Program Manager counterparts to translate customer, business, and technical requirements into components of a service architecture.
• Collaborate with technical experts to describe how long-term solutions will satisfy requirements and business objectives.
• Demonstrates resilience, and maintains a constructive attitude in times of change.
• 5+ years of experience as service engineer using PowerShell, C#, or T-SQL
Skills & Qualifications:
• Strong experience in Windows server 2012 R2 and other operating systems such as Linux and Unix
• Strong working knowledge of LTO & enterprise tape, specifically HP ESL G3, Quantum i6000, IBM TS3500+ and Enterprise Tape Drives
• Knowledge of Enterprise Backup Application software, Preferred DPM and, CommVault
• Scripting technologies PowerShell, C# and T-SQL
• Knowledge of data protection techniques for databases including SQL
• Strong working knowledge of iSCSI DAS, NAS, and SAN technologies
• Possess strong product/technology/industry (Tape & Storage) knowledge
• Excellent communication skills & presentation skills
• Knowledge of encryption technologies and key management systems
• Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Ability to work under pressure
• Able to adapt to changing working environment and priorities
• Good organizational skills and effective cross-boundary collaboration
• A successful candidate must have at least 9 years of experience working in Enterprise environment and 5+ years in delivery of Data Protection services.
• Should have strong IT operations background in mid to enterprise size environments and have experience in driving efficiency & automation projects.
• Experience working with trend analysis, metric design and monitoring and cross-group project experiences preferable.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.