Senior Service Engineer
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
We are looking for a seasoned professional to lead a team responsible for delivering customers solutions across multiple areas including; how we enable users to authenticate and gain access to resources, how we protect / simplify the user experience, and how we enable applications, devices, systems and users to connect to resources both in our corporate networks and to our on-line services. This role will focus on security initiatives to safe guard our Microsoft Assets and Intellectual Property. This includes all facets of Identity & Access Management like multifactor-authentication, certificate and account services.
• Customer/Partner focus: Define customer business scenarios,
roadmap and overall continuous improvement initiatives for the
• Develops relationships with partners, drives clear expectations
and provide operational input that translates into code changes
and improvements of services.
• Service Strategy: Ties Business/Customer roadmap with
• Define, measure and improve services through design and
management standards that inform investment decisions.
• Actively drives release readiness activities in design phase with
project managers, engineers and software developers.
• System Intelligence: Drive customer focus metrics related to
service experience, health and quality.
• This will focus on working with service engineering and product
group teams to mature data collection and reporting.
• Site Reliability Engineering: Stability through track and
investigate problem incidents in your area of expertise by using
standard and custom problem management tools and
• Develop plans and recommendations for prevention and
mitigations of such incidents with service engineering teams
and product groups.
• Participate in Live Site reviews across the company.
• Communications: Develop standard communications model,
templates, training, and publications.
This position will require updates to Directors, Sr. Directors and GMs so candidate must be comfortable and have the self-awareness to effectively present to senior leaders.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
• 5+ years of experience in Service Operations or Engineering
Preferred, not required:
• Demonstrated experience with implementing projects and new
initiatives in this type of environment.
• 3+ years’ experience in providing high level production support
• Track record in successfully planning and supporting large
scale, geo-distributed, high availability enterprise systems.
• Experience in program or project management for large scale
software deployments built on Microsoft platforms
• Passionate about making others successful
• Experience with one or more of the following Process
Methodologies - Six Sigma, ITIL, PMI/PMP, MOF, DevOps,
Site Reliability Engineering
• Knowledge of Security Requirements and guidelines of Identity
Systems such as Multi-factor Auth, Provisioning, Credentials
• Knowledge of PKI and associated concepts (CA, CRL, CDP,
AIA, Root, HSM, etc.)
• Familiarity with industry standards and requirements (Webtrust
for CA, Baseline Requirements or SOX) Previous expertise
working in a compliance-focused setting
• Understanding of Cloud/Azure offerings and application
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.