We want world-class engineers to join our team to help build one of the world’s largest networks. We’re working on a number of challenges, including next generation network products, scalable solutions related to processing large data sets and rapidly increasing demands.
This position contributes to the core network capacity planning and management team for Microsoft’s online services infrastructure. You will be responsible for developing fundamental models for network scaling and resource planning strategies including replacement optimization schedules and quantitative BOMs from traffic forecasts for budgetary planning, as well as have the ability to deliver against aggressive deadlines. This role requires dynamic personalities who can work successfully in a diverse environment.
MCIO is the team behind the cloud. MCIO is responsible for delivering web-scale infrastructure, security, and compliance for Microsoft’s online services. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide.
• Capacity planning and failure analysis of the Microsoft Network.
• Develop infrastructure management and operational strategies for network resources.
• Create capacity forecasts and BOMs for budget planning.
• Extract flow data, SNMP interface data, and other datasets from tools to build traffic matrixes to create plan files for network planning.
• Modeling investments in new capacity based on various growth scenarios and type of capacity needed.
• Supporting the MCIO team in optimizing traffic patterns to minimize unit price
• BS or BA degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years’ relevant work experience).
• 3 years of experience in networking technologies, as well as experience with Internet transit and peering, and network transport.
• MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, mathematics, applied science, or related field
• 6 years’ relevant work experience, including extensive experience with peering management and vendor management across many geographies simultaneously.
• Experience working with a distributed workforce.
• Prior supply chain or network/data center operations analytics experience is highly valued.
• Experience using SQL or similar database languages.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.