Each day our world creates new technology. New devices, new apps, new services. Which means new ways to do things, new ways to connect, new things to learn. And while each holds the promise of helping us get more done, with less effort, too often they simply become one more thing competing for our scarce time and attention. That’s why we need to rethink the way we make technology, and not simply make more. That’s why we need to reinvent productivity. Microsoft is helping people achieve more by giving them the best possible tools for any moment.
IT has two roles at Microsoft. First is the traditional enterprise IT role. We keep everything running smoothly, and ensure employees have a great experience as they collaborate with colleagues, customers and partners in over 100 countries. Second, we’re the company’s first commercial customer to deploy Microsoft software, services and hardware at scale. We innovate using cloud, BI and Big Data, mobile, social and security software and services, deploy and manage it, then provide the feedback and advocate for our customers with the Microsoft product engineering teams. In the end, we showcase our work to the industry.
Microsoft IT provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate your professional and personal life. Microsoft IT employees make global impact on hundreds of thousands of customers and employees who use Microsoft software and services.
Are you passionate about the customer and love to solve challenging problems with a team of other brilliant engineers? Microsoft IT is at the forefront of creating innovative solutions aligning to this strategy on a global scale for Microsoft’s customers, partners, and our employees.
Are you excited about Agile and working in a DevOps model? Are you the type of person who can build/engineer a world-class service while maintaining ownership and follow-through? Can you be a technical leader within a service engineering team which is driving adoption of cutting edge technology changes in Azure, Active Directory, and Federation Services? Are you interested in driving real-world service telemetry and feedback to engineering/product development teams? If so, we have an opportunity for you. The Identity & Access Management organization, within Information Security & Risk Management, is looking for an exceptional engineer to manage and own existing and new services in Authentication and Credential Management. You will work closely with program & service management, software and service engineers, and business teams to ensure SLAs and high availability are met and the customer experience is always represented. This position will primarily be focused on technologies such as ADFS / SSO and AAD within the realm of Authentication.
- Ability to read, write, configure, design, and script end-to-end service telemetry, alerting and self-healing capabilities for platforms
- Experience with predictive analysis of service behavior through telemetry
- Ability to work with service teams and own Live Site Reviews and corrective action plans, being passionate about Live Site health, reliability, and design
- Experience owning the Service in backlog discussions & standups to establish appropriate prioritization of engineering excellence and service improvement
- 8+ years experience in either web services, virtualization and cloud concepts
- 5+ years experience in many of the following:
o Active Directory Federation Services/SSO/Shibboleth/PingFederate
o Windows Server/Azure/AWS
o Network and infrastructure components for troubleshooting end to end troubleshooting
o JSON and JS
o MySQL/SQL Server/SQL Azure/NOSQL
- Outstanding problem solving skills and passion to solve hard problems as part of a team and across dependent organizations
- Experience in automation, specifically related to deployment, recovery, or other manual processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences – or equivalent work experience.
PREFERRED, NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience using telemetry to understand throughput, limitations and constraints in a service
- Visual Studio Online, build & test controllers, and complete understanding of Agile framework
- Experience in Infrastructure and Configuration as code, as well as service auto-scale capabilities
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.