Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
• Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
• Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
• Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft delivers highly available online services with cutting edge features and innovative functionality lighting up on a regular basis. Availability, reliability, and performance are all key differentiators that customers demand and expect in cloud services when choosing a provider. Our mission is to improve the availability, latency, performance and security of the Identity systems behind Microsoft’s cloud. Like traditional operations, we keep important revenue-critical systems up and running, even when natural disasters, bandwidth outages and configuration problems occur. Unlike traditional operations groups, we identify and address these software problems directly thru software improvements, innovative machine learning and systems automation. Great core development skills are a must have. You will identify and tackle high value software improvements using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and scalable system design. Additionally, you should possess strong collaboration skills, and be a good team player. At Microsoft, we can offer you a strong team, exciting challenges, and a fun place to work. The work environment empowers you to have a real impact on millions of end users. This is also a unique opportunity to work with world-class engineers. Apply now for this unique green field opportunity!
• Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Microsoft’s Identity services.
• Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
• Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
• Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning. - Conduct periodic on call duties.
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience managing large scale online services for at least 5 years.
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
• 1+ years engineering or systems experience
• Experience in one or more of: C, C++, C#, ASP.NET, Chef.
• Strong understanding of network technologies and protocols, including TCP/IP and DNS
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.