The Microsoft Intune team is focused on enabling enterprises to manage and secure the ever-increasing number and usage of devices in the workplace. Intune is a cloud-based enterprise service that gives IT professionals the solution they need to enable their users to be productive on their devices - whether corporate or personal - while helping ensure corporate assets and data are secure. The Intune service supports multiple platforms (Windows, iOS, Android, and Mac), and integrates with key online services at Microsoft - including O365, AAD, and Azure. The opportunity to help our customers and be seen as the leader in the multi-billion dollar mobility management market is huge - and critical to Microsoft’s ongoing success in the enterprise.
The Intune Service Engineering team is looking for a self-driven Senior Service Engineer with a strong background in engineering excellence and cloud services. This individual will be responsible for driving optimizations across Intune in a data-driven manner, while working closely with Software Engineers to design and deliver a service that adheres to services best practices, is highly available, provides a great user experience, and meets our compliance policies and requirements. The successful candidate for this role will have deep technical and online services skills, the ability to collaborate well while also being able to ask tough questions to drive improvements, a demonstrated history of working well under the pressure of multiple competing priorities, a bias and focus for automation, and a “live site first” approach.
• Implement and continually improve operational and service requirements for Live Site incident management to enable a sustainable and reliable service.
• Ensure the adoption of industry best practices for online services including disaster recovery, business continuity, monitoring/alerting, and service health measurement.
• Provide long term statistical trending and analysis that uses real service data to increase quality and drive down Time to Detect and Time to Mitigate incidents.
• Drive analysis and insight of incident management and problem management data and metrics to identify specific actions that yield improvements in service quality
• Develop automated solutions to provide quicker access to data and reports, reduce manual errors, and improve productivity.
• Ensure the right level of visibility with the Intune Leadership Team for incident management and problem management metrics and insight at the appropriate forums (i.e. weekly PIR meetings, monthly service health reviews)
• Work closely with peer engineering teams on defining and implementing improvements to service monitoring and reporting to enhance reliability and capability.
• Collaborate with partner teams for establishing partner engagement and escalation process
• Provide engineering designs for different workloads around incident, change, security and compliance.
• Ensure efficient standard operating procedures are defined, adhered to, and generate the right evidence that allow us to pass external audit certifications/attestations (i.e. ISO, SOC, FedRamp)
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical or Computer Engineering or 4 years of equivalent software engineering experience in lieu of degree.
• 5+ years in the IT industry with broad engineering experience.
• 3+ years of experience working with online services.
• Demonstrated incident management for large online services troubleshooting and problem solving skills, especially with initially ambiguous or incomplete details in highly complex and available environments.
• Deep understanding of Microsoft SQL, OData, PowerShell, WMI, XML and software security concepts.
• Experience with Azure is a strong plus
• Willing to work on call (24x7) as part of an escalation path
• Previous working experience in an SRE or DevOps engineering model
• Demonstrated ability in automating and improving services
• Ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to assemble, document, and present technical information to the team.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer focus and ability to communicate complex technical concepts and issues to a non-technical customer community in a concise, clear manner often tailored to the audience.
• Demonstrated experience with various software development methodologies such as SCRUM and familiarity with the role that service engineering plays in the delivery process.
• Demonstrated experience running services in a continuous delivery framework with minimal quality issues.
• Provide and interpret service metrics, key performance indicators and other reporting data. Create executive summaries and brief peers, and executive stakeholders on incident activity.
• Create technical documentation such as case records, troubleshooting guides, standard operating procedures, and frequently asked questions.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.