Senior Service Experience Designer
At Capital One Small Business we're a customer experience design team solving problems for and empowering small business owners. Still new to the Capital One family, we’re like a startup within an already-successful company, and because of it we’re able to do more. Capital One is not a tired, slow bank; if you can dream it, design it and work with other teams to build it, you can make it happen here. Our designers are empowered to create change, deliver innovation to our customers and help define new ways to work collaboratively across the organization.
Every day, our Capital One Small Business design team members create experiences that are making a difference in the lives of small business owners. We believe small businesses are the lifeblood of the economy and we’re focused on helping them achieve their success – we’d love you to join us on this mission.
As a Service Experience Designer you will help us fundamentally reimagine Lending for Small Business, a vital lifeline of financial empowerment and security that helps small business flex and grow with change. You will think by doing and making, identifying challenges and finding opportunities to solve real customer problems that help small businesses more effectively manage their cash flow through targeted lending solutions. And at Capital One we get that the lending process is a journey – we need your help to understand and define the optimum customer experience and make sure that our internal teams are equipped and empowered to easily serve our customers. Let’s get started.
As a Service Designer you will:
- Work with talented designers in a highly collaborative, supportive environment
- Use your innate curiosity to constantly learn, challenge assumptions and uncover new insights
- Participate in all aspects of the design process by creating compelling visions, framing problems, defining insights, and making concepts and prototypes
- Perform service design research and create service design artifacts, such as journey maps and service blueprints; then translate learnings and insights to make them actionable
- Bring your ideas to life, creating flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes and other design artifacts to define and communicate end-to-end user experiences
- Sweat the details, focusing on quality of craft within your work
- Tell compelling stories to share your work with designers and stakeholders
- Collaborate with partners in Product, Tech, Operations and other stakeholder groups to understand the priorities and goals of Small Business and make sure your design work ends up in the marketplace
What you’ll have:
- Experience in UX design and core service design methods and processes
- Ability and desire to work in all phases of the design process (thinking and making)
- Systems thinker not afraid of solving gnarly design challenges and looking for opportunities to help customers succeed
- Depth in at least one practice area (experience strategy, service design, interaction design, visual design, or design research) that sets you apart from the pack
- A passion for creating new methods and delivering innovation
- A collaborative nature with strong communication skills, sincerity, and a sense of humor in the face of ambiguous design challenges
- Confidence and pride in your work, skills, experience, and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience with User Experience Design
- At least 2 years of professional experience with Service Design
- At least 2 years of experience designing for omni-channel services and prototypes
- Master’s degree in design preferred
- 2 years of experience with Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- 2 years of prototyping experience
- 2 year of experience working with Agile
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.