Eaton Electrical Engineering
Services & Systems division has an opening for a Senior Service Inside
Sales Engineer. The position will be based out of Franklin, MA.
Position Overview :
This position primarily
supports application and proposal needs for opportunities pertaining to Eaton’s
power distribution services solutions.
- Technical & commercial proposal writing
- Support pricing development
- Support proposals locally and requests from other
- Maintain proper communication with internal customers,
including price and product feedback on both commercial and technical
- When required, visit customer site to address customer
- Track proposal and order hit rate activity, enabling
field management and outside sales engineers to monitor for
customer/channel partner effectiveness.
- Actively support Division Initiatives (Service
Attachment Orders for New Equipment, power system engineering and power
system automation offerings, Aftermarket Solutions, Extended Warranty
- Provide technical and application assistance to from
Sales, Utility & Other Reps and Channel Partners,
- Provide a monthly update of proposal activities and a
- Providing unique solutions beyond the standard
specifications to provide greater customer value,
- Activity involved in personal professional growth and
- Complete twenty (20) hours of recommended Eaton
University classes from training program list, including all required
annual safety training,
- Participate in and contribute to the annual Training
- Occasionally work evenings and weekends to satisfy
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor of Science degree
(Electrical or Industrial Engineering) or Business Degree from an accredited
institution with Engineering/Technical Experience
- Minimum 3 years of electrical
industry related application engineering and proposal development
experience or experience in electrical power systems and/or industrial and
utility substation construction.
- Legally authorized to work in
the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered. Only
candidates that reside within 50 miles will be considered.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical
Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience with proposal
development in both private sector and government bids; experience with
proposal development for all of Eaton's end markets (Industrial,
Commercial, Healthcare, Utility, Institutional and Government).
- Experience with government
proposal procedures such as technical and price proposal separation, reps
and certifications, and government evaluation factors.
- Experience in writing and
reviewing subcontractor work scopes and Subcontractor agreements;
preferred experience with GSA purchasing procedures; being able to
evaluate proposals for specification compliance; experience with risk
evaluation and risk management.
- Estimating experience in
substation and electrical system installations.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.