Are you a pro at connecting the dots to reveal new insights and identifying strategic and tactical shopper opportunities? In this role you will ensure that the authentic voice of the Walmart shopper enhances all category initiatives, resulting in effective shopper engagement and a more satisfying Walmart shopping experience. You will integrate Unilever global shopper and category knowledge with custom Walmart research learning to inspire identification of mutual growth opportunities, provoke transformational business action, and drive sustainable marketplace impact.
As a Sr. Shopper Insights Manager, you will be the expert on Walmart and lead a best-in-class omnishopper insights program that sets the market standard for passionate curiosity about the Walmart shopper’s behavior and decisions, for astute leadership and business partnering skills, and for expert delivery of shopper research and analytics projects. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Beacon of insights leadership: Draw on seasoned multichannel shopper expertise to offer a fact-based, strategic, shopper-centric point of view to internal and external Walmart decision-makers, to inform and when necessary challenge business decisions, and to inspire deeper shopper understanding among all stakeholders.
- Storyteller: Build inspiring and insightful category growth stories by expertly conducting primary research with high technical proficiency while mining and synthesizing shopper analytics, emerging socio-economic trends, social media data, e-Commerce and retail trends, and prior research learning. Must be able to connect the dots to offer foresight rather than just insight, helping to shape the future through your strategic thought leadership.
- Team leader: Accomplish goals by leading and coaching team to expertly plan and implement shopper research, effectively socialize learning, and drive insight-based business actions. Must have experience training others in research and leadership development. Create an environment of passion for shoppers and curiosity about their needs. Build shopper competencies among Category Management, Customer Development, and Shopper Marketing teams, as well as among Walmart partners.
- Strategic Consultant: Develop strong partnerships with Walmart stakeholders by communicating the voice of the Walmart shopper in our categories and his/her attitudes, behaviors, motivations, pleasures and pain points. Collaboratively diagnose business challenges and issues, translating them into well-defined business questions that can be answered through primary research and analytics. Identify any important shopper knowledge gaps, both foundational and Walmart-specific, and create and lead a research agenda that serves our mutual priorities.
- Proficiency in fundamental quantitative and qualitative primary research methods and analytic approaches and ability to match appropriate methodologies to insights needs and questions. Expertise in core market research principles – sample design, data collection and analysis techniques, appropriate action standards. Superior skills in project management and end to end management of the research process.
- Analytic proficiency in social listening tools, syndicated data, CRM, quantitative and qualitative research strongly preferred
- Ability to mine cultural, socioeconomic, and category trends for strategic opportunity areas and recommend appropriate business strategy and action
- Proficient understanding of the digital and specifically e-commerce business landscape
- Interpersonal, listening, and influencing skills. Ability to collaborate with a range of management levels.
- Strong, persuasive verbal and written storytelling skills and experience with weaving insights from multiple data sources into a compelling narrative delivered in executive level presentations.
- 10 years total experience; 6 years primary research experience in CPG, retail, or Customer Development space
- Proven leadership competencies and results orientation
- Bachelor’s degree required
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .