Come join the Consumer Tax Group Operations Engineering team as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer. It is an exciting time to be part of Intuit's Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. SRE operate right at the intersection of Software engineering and Infrastructure Engineering. The SRE team strives to make TurboTax a highly reliable, scalable, operable and secure product and service.
We are looking to hire outstanding individuals to join our team of Site Reliability Engineers. Build and run the platform that delivers TurboTax services to all of its customers. Help us build the TurboTax experience on a global scale.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Primarily responsible for ensuring that customer facing application services are highly available, reliable, and performant through world-class monitoring, alerting, self-healing capabilities by applying software engineering practice
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor application services in a large-scale and complex environment
- Being able to multi task and deliver in a fast paced, rapidly evolving technology landscape and participate in an on-call escalation for incident resolutions
- Responsible for Lights Out Management of our services and advocating and contributing toward the best operability of the services in production
- Spends approximately half the time with the core engineering teams advocating and contributing towards making our application services resilient and with "illities" and the remaining half the time with core site operations teams.
- End-to-end user flow profiling - create requirements and implement solutions to optimize E2E customer interactions, and model customer transaction flows for long-term analysis and short-term troubleshooting
- Capacity planning and management - create, use, maintain a capacity model for on-prem and AWS hosting, based on E2E user flow profiles
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with cloud hosted apps/service, AWS experience preferred, and able to translate business requirements into securely implemented capabilities in the cloud
- Engineer at heart and equally adept at software development and system engineering/operations
- Expert level experience at building, deploying and operating services at scale
- Hands on experience in working with distributed systems and 'illities" of the services
- Excellent trouble shooting skills that span code, system, and network (TCP/IP). Ability to zoom in from code to JVM garbage collection problem to packet loss in the network
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to design and provide non-functional and infrastructure requirements which promote uptime, speed and security in all phases of software lifecycle
- Internally motivated, self-starter with ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to meet goals and achieve results
- Must work well under pressure, balancing multiple priorities and objectives, handles conflict well
- Demonstrated technical leadership and ability to communicate in a complex cross-functional environment
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer Senior Software Engineer - Quickbooks Platform Engineering Staff DevOps Engineer Architect Senior DevOps Manager See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.