We are Azure Management and Portals (AMP) team; our mission is to empower organizations to successfully deliver and manage application and platform services in Azure through actionable, telemetry-driven insights. AMP offers Log Analytics, Applications Insights, Service Map, Kusto and many other services. Application Insights (AI) is an extensible Application Performance Management (APM) service for web developers on multiple platforms. Use it to monitor your live web application. It will automatically detect performance anomalies. It includes powerful analytics tools to help you diagnose issues and to understand what users do with your app. You will be part of AMP Site Reliability Engineering team with primary responsibilities in AI and added responsibilities in Log Analytics, Service Map and Kusto.
• Evaluate and contribute to product, service design and architecture, help shape Site Reliability Engineering strategies, review specifications, design and improve upon core processes
• Design and adopt industry best practices for online services including disaster recovery, FMEA, business continuity, monitoring/alerting, and service health measurement.
• You write nonfunctional code to improve availability and reliability, develop automated solutions to reduce manual errors and improve productivity
• Identify system problems and recommend solutions to improve processing efficiency and stability.
• Help build a data-driven culture by providing statistical trending and analysis using real service data to increase service health and quality, and drive down COGS
• Work closely with peer engineering teams on defining and implementing improvements to service monitoring and reporting to enhance reliability and capability.
• Provide engineering design across different workloads including incident & problem management, change management, security and compliance.
• Manage availability, capacity, and security to provide the best ROI with given workloads and environmental requirements against the given resources.
• Provide operational support for day to day activities involving deployment of services
A successful candidate will have:
• 8+ years in the technology industry with broad engineering experience such as support/service industry
• The candidate should have a very good understanding of C#, .Net and analytics platforms
• Deep knowledge in the design, architecture, and running of complex, large scale online services
• Deep understanding of cloud services (preferably Azure), PowerShell, and software security concepts
• Experience with Azure is a big plus (experience with other cloud services like AWS is also a plus)
• Willing to work on call (24x7) as part of an escalation path
• Previous working experience in a DevOps engineering model
• Ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
Required Basic Qualifications:
• 3+ years of software development experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.