Role: Senior Site Reliability EngineerLocation: San Diego, CA Duration: 9 months**W2 only. No C2C or visa sponsorship permitted** RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use your knowledge of technology and operational best practices to drive the design, development, and implementation of operational standards and capabilities for connected services which enable highly available, scalable & reliable customer experiences.
- Create, develop & manage the deployment architecture for application services.
- Develop the monitoring architecture and implement monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations and alerts.
- Drive ongoing improvements and efficiencies in operational practices, tools & processes across the Consumer Tax Group and Intuit-wide
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams including: Product Management, Quality Engineering, and Development to drive amazing results.
- Demonstrate a passion for developing well architected build and deployment automation.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
- 3 years experience with Configuration Management tools, such as Chef or Puppet.
- Intimate knowledge of and experience with deploying software
- Experience with SCM and build tools such as GitHub, Perforce, Maven, and Jenkins
- Working knowledge of a development and/or scripting language, such as:
- Java, Ruby, Python, NodeJS
- Hands on experience managing applicationruntimes on the following platforms:
- Public cloud - Amazon Web Services
- Private datacenter - dedicated hardware & virtualization technologies
- Working knowledge of and experience with the following technologies:
- Web servers such as Apache or NGinx
- Java/J2EE application servers such as Tomcat / JBoss
- Traditional relational database technologies (MySQL/Oracle)
- Expertise with the entire software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent communication skills; demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong services aptitude
- Linux system administration skills
- Experience with agile development methodologies (SCRUM/Kanban)
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.