Additional Location(s) or Information: Research Triangle Park
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1020801
Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Lancope Cloud Services
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
The Business Entity
Cisco enjoys a unique position and is leveraging an unprecedented capability to secure the network through intelligence derived from data collected on a global scale. Engineers on the Lancope Cloud Services teams are leading the way in their capacity to invent, prove-out, and enable new technologies in big data analytics and threat intelligence.
The Cisco Lancope Cloud Services team is composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a fast paced and technically challenging environment. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a group of exceptional Software Engineers, Quality Engineers and Systems Administrators.
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and expanding our Amazon Web Services (AWS) based global infrastructure. In addition, this person will be part of a 2-4 people team in completing team-driven projects.
The successful candidate must:
• Be good at defining and owning problems
• Work well within a team driven environment
• Be an active learner
• Be able to communicate well written and verbally
• Getting results for our customers is more important than being right.
• 5-8+ years of experience in systems administration of enterprise-grade cloud based infrastructures
• Familiarity with software configuration management
• Experience in system administration
• Expertise in Linux, experience in OS X
• Proficiency in infrastructure, service and application monitoring tools
• Ability to participate in a 24x7 on-call schedule in 48 hour shifts
• Fluency in scripting languages
• Ability to efficiently respond to interrupt-driven tasks such as production issues and external team requests
• Experience in Kafka, Storm, Spark, Cassandra and HDFS administration preferred
• Experience in CoreOS, Fleet/Kubernetes, Mesos administration preferred
• Ability to independently work on a subset of tasks as part of road-mapped projects when not on-call
• Ability to function within a team structure and effectively communicate status to project stakeholders
• Ability to context switch between multiple tasks and priorities
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
@ciscocareers is #hiring #security #DevOps #Netflow #SRE #softwareengineer
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Security
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.