Are you passionate about technology? Do you love building new things? Do you want to develop the future of IBM's Cloud offerings? If you answered YES, then we have the right opportunity for you!
The shift toward the consumption of IT as a service, i.e., the cloud, is one of the most important changes to happen to our industry in decades. At IBM, we are driven to shift our technology to an as-a-service model and to help our clients transform themselves to take full advantage of the cloud. With industry leadership in analytics, security, commerce, and cognitive computing and with unmatched hardware and software design and industrial research capabilities, no other company is as well positioned to address the full opportunity of cloud computing.
We are looking for a dynamic leader, Senior Site Reliability Engineer Lead in Austin, TX
to join our Cloud Innovation Lab (CIL) Team, who is responsive to market needs, to deliver value to our clients in a fast changing cloud landscape. This position is for 2nd shift
(3pm-12am). The CIL team is dedicated to ensuring that the IBM Cloud is at the forefront of cloud technology, from data center design to network architecture to storage and compute clusters to flexible infrastructure services. We are building IBM's next generation cloud platform to deliver performance and predictability for our customers' most demanding workloads, at global scale and with leadership efficiency, resiliency and security. It is an exciting time, and as a team we are driven by this incredible opportunity to thrill our clients.
In this Senior Site Reliability Engineer Lead role, you will work closely with the Data Center, the entire Cloud Innovation Lab development organization and IBM vendors to support, maintain and operationally improve the cloud infrastructure. You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and you should be comfortable operating in fast paced environment. You will focus on the following key responsibilities:
- Availability to work 2nd shift and/or weekends is a requirement for this particular job
- Monitor the health of production and test systems 24x7
- Lead the team in daily activities and provide hands-on guidance in trouble shooting problems/issues.
- Ability to respond promptly to production issues and alerts 24x7
Work with Engineering to:
- Provide initial assessment and possible workaround of production issue
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
Work with Partners to:
- Identify and resolve issues
- Discuss and plan integration tasks
- Train &/or coordinate technical training for L3 team members as needed