Senior Skincare Sales Strategy Manager - Skillman, NJ
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: New Jersey, United States
Posted: November 30, 2016
Reference ID: 5154160901-en-us
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Skincare Sales Strategy Manager, located in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc. provides sales, marketing and logistical services to U.S. retail customers on behalf of the U.S. consumer companies. It represents one point of contact with our customers for selling teams, customer service, distribution, retail merchandising and professional detailing. It develops and markets baby care, wound care, over-the-counter medicines, and skin care products that address the needs of consumer and healthcare professionals and incorporates the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brands, Listerine®, Benadryl®, Tylenol®, ZYRTEC®, as well as leading beauty and skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® and more.
The incumbent is responsible for driving achievement of forecast, budget and OGSM for the Beauty East Skincare business while instituting strategic business plans that integrate, align and achieve J&J business and customer goals. The incumbent will lead the commercialization business planning process by influencing go-to-market strategies that drive profitable growth, product launches, and coordinate the efforts of commercialization planning to drive business success. The incumbent serves as a liaison between sales and marketing as well as other cross functional partners by providing voice of customer. This person also needs to be effective in influencing marketing and brand strategies all while being a source of retailer and competitive insights for their partners and customers. Special projects are an integral part of this role and the ideal person should be comfortable operating in a dynamic, fast past environment. Key responsibilities in addition to 4P excellence include, but are not limited to:
•Leads business planning process by developing analytics & insights to support marketing strategy, preparing timelines & communication of the process, and conducting collaborative planning cycles with customer teams.
•Communicates & coordinates key strategies, insights, and initiatives between field and internal teams as well as gains alignment across a matrix environment to support goal achievement.
•Develops and manages promotional programs, such as special packs & in-store displays, to support customer sales, while monitoring performance to track and report results.
•Partners with internal team members to develop and execute the revenue growth management strategies in order to drive topline and bottom line growth.
•Leads cross-functional team members in development, evaluation, & implementation of the 4Ps by evaluating trends, developing insights, & translates findings to drive business performance improvement both internally & externally.
•Influences business processes and requirements related to pricing, trade promotions, category management, & inventory management including cross-functional collaboration with marketing, supply chain, trade, and finance on forecasting to sales input across responsible brands.
• Develops and ensure the execution of all trade related expenses while evaluating other elements of all BME related activities to improve P&L performance, including tracking & influencing using LYNX and PRF to ensure trade funding is maximized within allocated investment.
•Creates & influences assortment & merchandising recommendations.
Customer Team Engagement
•Coordinates & conducts regular communication sessions between internal cross functional and sales teams to ensure alignment and accountability on forecast attainment, budget, business planning, and trade objectives with immediacy via a Customer Service based model.
•Provides support and insight for retailer business & new item reviews.
•Co-leads key top to top customer meetings with sales teams.
•Develops and presents customer, category and brand reviews to drive brand and category performance.
•Ensures execution of plans through regular communication and interaction with the customer team and in-store visits.
•Fosters a winning, positive, action oriented attitude across the Skincare Franchise
•May be assigned to 2 or less direct or non-direct reports; when people are assigned, is accountable for implementation of talent management processes and developmental coaching.
• 4 year degree required.
• Minimum 8 years total business experience required.
• 5+ years prior experience in consumer package goods required.
• Prior experience in direct customer sales, business analytics, and/or customer marketing required.
• At least one prior manager-level role preferred
• Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, complex matrix, changing environment.
• Ability to influence decision-makers up and down two or more levels, with and without direct authority, to ensure a fully-aligned customer/company business plan.
• Demonstrate effective communication and negotiation skills. Strong presentation skills and ability to tailor skills and presentation style to a variety of key decision makers.
• Ability to devise and deliver persuasive presentations, based on data-driven insights and facts, to gain support for business strategies and/or initiatives.
• Ability to develop and oversee the execution of project plans and to implement, execute and draw conclusions from a variety of customer, shopper and category studies.
• Ability and passion to coach and develop reporting staff members.
• Ability to manage funds and resources to deliver the greatest outcome for the company.
• Ability to identify and assess risk and prioritize competing demands.
• Knowledge of computer technology, analytical software programs, MS Office Suite and database management, including development of queries and assessment of data to draw accurate conclusions.
• Up to 10% travel required.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)