- Underwrites business (new or renewal, as applicable)
- Analyzes accounts for for potential action at renewal
- Ability to maintain and develop with increased Underwriting Authority and successful quality/documentation scores.
- Seamlessly applies applicable Underwriting guidelines when making decisions
- Typically manages an average volume and/or average Total Written Premium goal compared to country-wide standard, current team average is an 11mill book of business per underwriter.
- Underwrite high hazard accounts with creative account structure.
- Has good knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and governance.
- Creates, drives and executes on strategies for new and/or renewal accounts (prospective book management, executes on guidance for pricing and retention)
- Effectively provides excellent account management service of assigned accounts through strategic planning and operational excellence. Ensures the consistent delivery and execution of the SGL service level commitments. Positively impacts and influences final account pricing and terms.
- Successfully sells the proposal and influences the retention of accounts to meet the retention objectives set forth.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the agency. Responds in a timely manner to build relationships and influence retention.
- Establishes and maintains pipeline
- Manages cross-sell and up-sell opportunities in role
- Manages the sales process including planning, operating routines, and monitoring for opportunities.
- Sources opportunities for other lines of business
- Consulting with the agents to answer questions regarding coverage, explaining processes, directing the agents to appropriate resources within the Hartford based on their unique needs. Servicing of accounts under 150k in primary premium, majority of the SGL book of business.
- Proficient in underwriting
- Excellent Desk Management and agency management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong underwriting skills, advanced job and business knowledge,
- 3-5 years underwriting experience
***Depending on candidates experience, we may hire at a different level***
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression