The Database Server Group in Product Development Division is the crown jewel of Oracle Corporation,
creating the best database software in the industry used by hundreds of thousands of enterprise
and SMB customers worldwide.
System Testing Group within the database server division is a well respected, highly sought after
group with a long track record of success. The group focuses on improving reliability, availability,
scalability and performance of Oracle Database Server, Oracle Fusion Middleware products,
and Oracle Fusion Applications by developing and carrying out stress/integration/system/performance
tests which simulate complex concurrent real world scenarios.
Over the years we've attracted a lot of extremely talented software professionals, many of whom
enjoyed great success within and beyond Oracle.
Brief Posting Description
Server Technology system testing group has immediate openings to develop and execute
system tests for oracle Database, Fusion Applications, and Cloud offerings.
As a member of this group, you will learn the latest Oracle database technologies
and Oracle Cloud solutions. You will develop tools and applications to automate the test executions.
- Develop expertise in features/product areas covered by the team and use that expertise
to advocate on behalf of the customers;
- Design and develop highly automated stress test workloads in popular programming languages
such as Java, Perl, Python, Shell, and PL/SQL etc.
- Execute test suites to discover defects in the products
- Collaborate with development teams to resolve the problems encountered in the test
- Develop automation tools for system testing
- BS/MS in CS from top school or equivalent experience
- Strong programming skills in one or more of languages: Java, C, C , Perl, Shell Script
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux and/or Windows platforms
- System performance analysis skill and experience
- Knowledge of relational database and SQL
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated with strong ability to learn quickly and work independently
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.