Senior Social Media Manager
Location: New York, New York
Posted: December 24, 2016
Reference ID: 505867874
Adecco Creative is searching on behalf of our client, a well known children's educational publisher, for a Senior Social Media Manager. The Senior Social Media Manager is responsible for driving the company¿s Teacher-directed and Parent-directed Social Media Strategy. The role is accountable for driving the social engagement and activation calendar, sourcing relevant content, establishing one voice to
teachers and parents across all relevant social platforms, as well as oversight of the day-to-day social media operations. The role will use insights gleaned from their social listening partner as well as work with the marketing team to continually optimize the plan.
This role coordinates with the internal Web Editorial, Marketing, PR, Legal, Businesses and Production teams to support the company¿s mission. The position involves ensuring social broadcasting is fully integrated with all other efforts across the company¿s portfolios, as well as managing the social media budget.
- Create the social media strategy for the customer audience for in partnership with site editorial calendar.
- Support key business unit and company-wide initiatives in the voice of the audience.
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the company to source content, ensure its effectiveness and ensure the adoption of relevant social media techniques into the company¿s products and services.
- Own the roadmap and budget for the social media tools in use on the company¿s Teacher and Parent-facing website sites, directing social media tool integration.
- Oversee the Social Media Coordinator, ensuring a superior quality of communication and project delivery is provided at all times ¿ coordinating with the site editorial team, social listening team and cross-business teams.
- Monitor and respond to customer engagement across platforms on a daily basis, weekend included.
- Coordinate the planning of social media campaigns, ensuring customer acquisition, referrals to web destinations and supporting monetization across the portfolio.
- Source and manage relationships with social platform partners to support and develop commercial opportunities.
- Act as the Teacher and Parent advocate of social media integration within the company, influencing overall site and business strategies.
- Provide benchmarks and routine analysis data provided by the Social Media Team, to inform decision-making and to ensure commercial campaign targets are met.
- Monitor and comment on trends and applications in social media and ensure the strategy remains relevant, reflects best practices and capitalizes on the ever-changing and expanding marketplace.
- Monitor the competition and be aware of market changes and developments.
- 4+ years experience leading social media strategy, integration and social content development
- Creative, diplomatic, and fantastic interpersonal and presenting skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of social media and networking platforms and monitoring suite suppliers
- Deep knowledge of the industry and great contact book
- Experience in business and strategy development
- Ability to build and leverage a strong network of peers and partners
- Budget management experience
- Team management experience