Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Workday's Payroll Application Development team is embarking on a journey to build the next generation business solutions platform that will offer a plug and play model with internal proprietary technology solutions, custom built applications and partner built solutions.
As part of innovative, high functioning team, you will collaborate with other technology solution providers, product managers, and other engineers to implement innovative solution to make platform scale, perform and seamlessly integrate into Workday's technologies.
You collaborate with your team following agile and test driven development practices. A key strength you possess is the awareness of how important your work is to our customers and to the lives of all the individuals who are paid through Workday.This is how a typical day would like look for you:
This job may be a fit for you if you have:
- Develop multi-tenant cloud applications
- Experienced developing modern scalable complex and high volume transactional system targeted towards high traffic business solutions
- Provide technical leadership in a very dynamic and adaptive environment taking ownership of large projects.
- Provide mentorship to engineers on the team to design and execute with elegance and economy
- Coordinate the team's design, development and testing activities, including conducting peer code reviews in addition to contributing to product code.
- 8-10 years of development experience developing production grade software
- Attention to Detail - Your work will consume, calculate, manage, store, and report on data that directly impacts our customers
- Knowledgeable and experienced in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization in a distributed environment
- Expertise in developing and consuming REST based web services
- Strong Java programming skills with ability to read and code review complex code bases written by others
- Experience designing and implementing frameworks and API
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver high-quality code in a fast-paced, dynamic agile team environment
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.