Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday engineers transform requirements into working applications that ship to our customers at lightning speed. As a payroll engineer, you work closely with your product manager on country-specific features. You collaborate with your team following agile and test driven development practices. A key strength you possess is the awareness of how important your work is to our customers and to the lives of all the individuals who are paid through Workday.
For a Senior Applications Engineer in Payroll, a typical day might include any of the following:
* Collaboration with your product manager and QA counterparts on solutions
* Technical analysis of customer reported issues
* Functional analysis of requirements to ensure successful solution
* Mapping requirements to existing class model
* Designing solutions and creating a project plan
* Guiding other engineers through your solutions
* Conducting peer design and code reviews
* Devising and carrying out unit tests
This job might be for you if:
* You enjoy developing in-depth expertise of complex rule-based logic with many variables
* You believe applications should be usable and configurable
* You care about performance from the user's perspective
* You think in terms of business value
* You feel the key to good object oriented development is strong design patterns
* You come up with tests before code
* You have experience working on applications in a financials discipline OR you feel strongly about building domain expertise
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.