Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Senior Software Architect.
Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems
Product Validation. Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Skills and Experience Required:
- Lead and Manage Software Architects and Technical Analysts for Digital Accelerator Organization
- Drive and influence innovation by conducting various PoC, to create new capabilities and services working closely with engineering and enterprise architecture teams.
- Lead the designing of a software architecture that creates a high performance platform that allows for rapid product development and scalable performance
- Define the Digital Accelerator technology roadmap aligned with organization goals, priorities, industry trends, technology trends and technology maturity. Typical platforms engineered for deployment are expected to be adaptable, efficient, cost effective and scalable.
- Maintain high-level technical knowledge of various tools and open source technologies to evolve product road maps.
- Creates and manages life cycle of technical designs for DA solutions
- Accountable for delivery of Software Architecture and Technical Designs, assigning work items for software architects and technical analysts
- Subject matter expert for IoT technology to propose or influence architecture/solution.
- Creates and manages life cycle of technical designs for DA solutions will be applied to create the application, infrastructure or complete solutions
- Leads team in delivering loosely coupled solutions adhering to standards and leveraging re-use of components.
- Delivers solution adhering to standards and leveraging re-use of components.
- Identifies gaps in the Digital Accelerator tools functionality and provide solutions.
- Leads formal design reviews and participates in code reviews to ensure the detailed design specifications have been understood and coding standards have been adhered to by the development team(s).
- Drives teams to use appropriate opportunities to re-use component of the solution designs to reduce costs and shorten time to deliver solutions.
- Participates in the creation of standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines for the IT design and development community.
- Provides level 3 support for critical non-routine issues.
- Coaches less experienced team members on technical matters and solution design methodologies.
- Champions the use of Six Sigma tools to reduce costs and improve processes.
- Coordinates application suppliers' support groups along with in-house support to fix software bugs and escalated issues.
- Interfaces with technical and in-house customer support staff to determine nature of non-routine and moderately complex problems and issues.
- Accountable for Platform As A Service (PaaS) implementation as a product. Own the future production direction of PaaS implementation while driving maturity of various PaaS processes working closely with engineering and operations team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional delivery team and act as a liaison for Business Architecture team with both infrastructure teams and application team for defining solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Detail oriented individual with excellent time management and organizational skills
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- 10 years experience
- Work experience designing and delivering custom enterprise applications
- Experience developing applications
- IoT experience
- Coordinate a design team across multiple feature sets with common framework components and independent release dates
- Prepare and present high level solution designs, status reports, recommend funding / resources, and timelines for Product Connectivity
- Must have written code in the career journey and know programming languages (ex: Java, C, C etc).
- Has had hands on experience with Middleware and Integration technologies with products like TIBCO, IBM ESB/IIB, Oracle Fusion Middleware etc.
- Any experience with database technologies and Big Data platform is a plus
- Azure PaaS and TFS experience is a plus
- Experience designing and supporting commercial high traffic B2C applications
- Experience in log management software i.e., Azure Log Analytics, Splunk, Nagios, ELK, LogEntries, Papertrail etc.
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required. Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.