Senior Software Architect - RSD
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) team as a Senior Software Architect!
As the Software Architect for Networking Division, you will be responsible for architecture definition and investigations in the Ethernet products division for server Enterprise solutions, with a specific focus on silicon definition, SW Drivers, SW application interaction and customer use-case development.
Job Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Architect software interfaces and control for silicon products and technology definitions for implementation in Ethernet products.
- Define silicon product and technology requirements for implementation in Ethernet products.
- Work closely with software and hardware engineering and micro-architects to ensure efficient and complete definition of the architecture.
- Authoring and writing requirement and definition documents e.g. software and silicon specification document.
- Work with marketing and planning to ensure competitive and end-user valued product definition.
- Engage with potential customers of products being defined to collect feedback and requirements.
- Develop use cases for products and architecture being defined.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in Software or Computer Engineering or equivalent with 9 years of industry experience or a Master's degree in Software or Computer Engineering or equivalent with 6 years of industry experience, or a PhD in Software or Computer Engineering or equivalent with 4 years of industry experience.
- 7 or more years of experience in software network drivers and system architecture definition.
- 4 or more years of experience in or with marketing/planning to develop product requirements and customer use cases.
- 4 or more years of technical knowledge of CPU architecture and Network Interface Controller architecture
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Technical Knowledge of OS (operating Systems) virtualization, Network virtualization and tunneling protocols.
- Technical knowledge of the Communication and Telecommunication market requirements and solutions.
- Preferred experience with Ethernet switching, Cloud applications, RDMA and Storage over Ethernet.
- Experience in server, network, and/or storage systems.
- Ability to learn new technology concepts quickly.
- Standards and/or Industry Consortiums influence experience.
- Creates solution proof points and communicates them to internal and external audiences.
- Comfortable with working in highly matrixed organizations.
- Ability to work in a multi-geographical development environment, coordinating with other architects, engineers, marketers, and planners.
- Hands-on, self-starter, takes initiative, proven influencing skills.
- High energy, entrepreneurial and collaborative attitude.
- Good command of presentation preparation tools Power Point, etc. and information management tools Excel, SharePoint, OneNote, etc.
- Excellent customer communication and collaboration skills.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.