At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Senior Software Business Analyst for the Software Electronic and Mechanical Systems (SEMS) Laboratory, located in Maplewood, Minnesota. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Senior Software Business Analyst will be responsible for leading customer-centered research and design of effective and interactive solutions for product development programs within 3M divisions. The Senior Software Business Analyst will work independently and leverage the team to collaborate and design solutions to solve common challenges.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the research and specification of effective user interfaces for 3M software and system development projects
- Work closely with product development teams and end users to identify the appropriate product scope and overall user experience, then create comprehensive specifications to allow for effective software development
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Coordinate outsourcing software projects with external partners, based on 3M specifications/documentation
- Create and deliver presentations on findings
- Document potential intellectual property
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience with software and/or systems development
- Experience leading projects in a technical environment
- Graduate degree in Interactive Design, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Computer Science with Human Computer Interaction concentration or closely related field
- Experience leading cross functional teams
- Experience designing software user interfaces (3 years)
- Experience taking an idea from early concept through all phases of the design and development process
- Keen interest in understanding end-user needs and designing innovative solutions to meet them
- Strong communication and collaborative work skills
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
Travel: May include 10% travel as needed
Relocation Benefits: Are authorized for this position
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.