West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Software Cloud Engineer
Capital One is seeking talented thinkers and master cloud engineers who can envision next generation software innovations. Our team is enthusiastic, collaborative, innovative and eager to support our rapidly changing world of applications and cloud automation. You play a critical role responsible for design, implementation and automation of complex cloud application. Thriving on collaborative innovation, you will join a team of talented engineers that enjoy working together.
Responsibilities (Hands on):
- Develop procedures to automate various systems and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments) using Jenkins, Git, Docker, Chef, Cloudformation etc.
- Contribute in the DevOps team to build out our infrastructure and servers currently operating on AWS
- Lead and Mentor Cloud Engineers
- Development and promotion of new DevOps tools to simplify build process and entire continuous delivery pipeline
- Continuously improve deployment strategies and testing to support our goal of 100% up-time
- Work closely with our Architects, Engineers, Product Owners and Application Leads to engineer and build automated solutions
- You are self-starter that is smart, curious and always motivated to stay on top of technical trends
- You have experience with Linux/Unix and Windows deployments
- You have designed, monitored and managed scalable and fault-tolerant deployments
- You have experience with continuous integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of your infrastructure
- You take initiative and enjoy working with engineers to make the software development process as painless as possible
- You are comfortable writing scripts in ruby/bash/groovy/python (at least two of those).
- Experience in Build and CI/CD/CT technologies like GitHub, Chef, Artifactory, Bamboo, Hudson/Jenkins, Atlas, Cucumber
- Experienced in Cloud related technologies like AWS, Azure, GCE, or OpenStack
- Familiar with Agile methodologies like Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.