Under general direction of the Manager, Software Development contributes to the software design and development activities for the AmerisourceBergen Technology Group (ABTG). Designs documents tests and modifies current and new software development applications; reviews requirements documents and helps to develop solutions in order to meet these requirements; Leads the effort in developing specifications and designs for development projects as well as contributes to specific assignments. Performs activities requiring application of standard techniques procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Contributes effectively as a member of the team; takes ownership of individual assignments and projects.
- Develops codes and unit tests design solutions.
- Leads and participates in writing and reviewing software functional specifications and design reviews.
- Creates detailed designs performs analyses creates prototypes and documents completed designs.
- Mentors and directs the efforts of more entry-level Engineers.
- Provides third tier support when required.
- Contributes to the development and achievement of ABTG organizational goals and objectives.
- Participates in activities such as reviewing marketing requirements.
- Functions as task project or team leader when assigned; represents the organization on project teams and may perform technical project leadership roles while fostering teamwork and collaboration within and across work groups.
- Provides input for Software Development budgeting and scheduling.
- Provides input for Software Development software and hardware purchases.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business principles processes and technology
- Java development experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Knowledge of physical database structures; ability to analyze manage tune databases for performance; knowledge of relational database concepts; disaster recovery; best practices
- Good analytical conceptual and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to use office equipment such as printers copiers and faxes