Senior Member of Technical Staff (IC3)
Product Development (Database)
Would you like to contribute your own ideas on how to smartly develop large scale distributed Database-as-a-Service offerings for the public and private clouds? Oracle's Database development group designs and develops the Database-as-a-Service platform that drives Oracle's Database, Engineered Systems, Oracle Public Cloud, Oracle PaaS and SaaS offerings. This team is a provider of public cloud database and infrastructure management software and helps companies manage platform resources to deliver service, quality and availability, as well as workloads in private and hybrid cloud environments. https://cloud.oracle.com/database
You will contribute to the software architecture and development for major components of the Database-as-a-Service offerings, including Oracle's engineered systems on public and private clouds. Our product roadmap is an incredibly fun ride if you enjoy challenging problems. You must value simplicity, lightness, and streamlining to be a successful developer for this team. Experience with distributed systems that scale well or participation on teams that have had a collaborative approach to systems architecture as well a high bar for quality and performance is desirable.
You will be expected to learn new programming languages, use various open source solutions and Oracle technologies and demonstrate the ability to drive innovation against and with standard technical precepts. Required:
Nice to have:
- 3 years of software design and development experience
- Experience with Java, REST API model, as well as scripting languages such as Python, Perl, shell, etc.
- Experience with Openstack and/or other Cloud infrastructure products
- Understanding of Cloud Networking & Security
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Experience with distributed, highly-scalable, multi-node environments
- Database Management knowledge and understanding of the Database eco-system
- Understanding and experience of Cloud Networking & Security (like Application Firewall, IPSec VPN, NAT, IPv6, remote access and various tunneling protocols) architectures
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies like Xen, Linux containers, docker, etc.
- Understanding of I/O characteristics and storage systems.
- A background in multi-tenant service offering and concepts on Service Level Availability a strong plus
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications:
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.