Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between. Responsibilities
The Operations Automation Software Engineer assesses current Production Operations for IT then implements greater automation in order to eliminate inconsistent and inefficient manual work, and to reduce cycle times. The Operations Automation Software Engineer will create or modify supporting automation either via custom software development, or by leveraging existing COTS solutions. Additionally, the engineer develops a set of reusable, service-oriented automation Services and supporting tools for use by all Production teams throughout IT, Billing & Collections, and CCIS. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Minimum five years of equivalent technical experience
- Technically proficient to understand options available for automating workloads, and technical challenges within the environment which may be influencing poor performance.
- Must possess expert-level technical skill in multiple relevant tools including, but not limited to: Service now, BMC Footprints, NetCool, Spectrum, Ansible, Puppet, OpenStack, VMWare, Solar Winds, SCCM, Cisco Prime, Appworx
- Must have prior custom application development experience with specific focus on SOA-based integrations.
- Demonstrated success in challenging the status quo, and always be looking to innovate within the Production Operations domain.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the Operations Automation software industry including current products available and the business utility of their features.
- Hands on experience with COTS tool implementation and custom scripting highly desired.
- Technical problem solver able to identify multiple parallel options for solving a given business problem.
- Possesses a process mindset.
- Deep experience working on Agile teams.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.